10-I still love you

Rachel's P.O.V

I sat beneath a tree, resting on a twisted root. My head leaned against the hard bark.

I heard footsteps from behind and jerked around. I was relieved to see it was Aris.

I felt a smile creeping onto my face, though Im not sure why.

It was silent for a moment, we just kinda sat there in each others presence.

I was the first to break the silence.

"I'm so sorry for leaping at you earlier, my emotions just got carried away," I apologized timidly. I was actually quite embarrased by my behavior. Something about seeing the one face I knew and missed made me lose control. He most likely thinks Im a weirdo.

"No, no, don't apologize. You have no idea how happy I was to see you remembered me, remembered us," he said. I felt pure cool relief surge through my veins and I let out a deep breath.

"Truth is, I only remember bits and pieces of you, and I've missed you. But I don't remember anything else, " I admitted.

His expression went slack. I could see so much disappointment in his gray eyes.

"So you don't remember what we were like?" He said with his voice cracking a bit.

"No, everything is cloudy," I explained.

"How can you forget? Do you still love me?" I could hear the saddness and abandonment creeping into his voice.

"I'm sorry, Aris. I don't remember ever loving you, but I do have feelings for you, " I said.

"You don't remember loving me?" he repeated. His expression seemed like it was almost angry. His expression turned from disappointment to fury.

"It's not my fault! I didn't cause my memory to be lost!" I said. I felt like I was defending myself now. To be fair, it wasn't my fault I couldn't remember. Was it?

"I know, its just.......I only remember bits and peices, more than the rest of you guys, but not everything. But I remember everything about you, and it just hurts knowing you don't share my memories, " he said.

We were silent.

"I want to remember. I want to love you," I whispered.

He turned towards me. His gray eyes met my blue ones. So many emotions passed through.

Then without warning, he wrapped one arm around my waist and caressed my cheek with the other. His strong arms felt so good against my skin. My heart thundered against my chest. He slowly pressed his lips against mine. I jerked back, surprised by his sudden motion. He gave me a curious look and our foreheads brushed each other and I felt his breath against my cheek. I let his lips softly brush mine. His lips felt warm and soft. My stomach flittered nervously, making me feel like I'd inhaled helium. His lips moved gently with mine. I let him guide it. I felt his strength around me and suddenly I was breathless. I pulled away.

My cheeks felt hot and my skin tingled where he had touched it.

"Now don't tell me that wasnt familiar, " he says.

I smile and my face gets red, because it was. The feeling of his lips pressed against mine, felt familiar, felt right. I was not expecting that haha.

"It was...,"

We were silent for a moment.

"Umm not to disturb you two, but Harriet has requested Aris's assistance in the Maze," a voice said behind me. I jumped when Marley peered out.

He nodded and stood up, leaving an empty space

"You're going into the Maze?" I asked. My stomach dropped. Hes going to the place of death? I imagined a griever with metal arms splattered in his blood and I shudder, quickly shaking the thought from my mind.

"Yeah, I need to help Harriet with something," he said.

"Okay," I said hestiantly, "just be careful." Then he disappeared from my sight.....

The Dark Side of the Mazeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें