Finally, the song explodes into the main melody. Much like how sudden our meeting was. I remember the day we met, it was strange for me. It was so sudden and heat of the moment filled that if anyone else heard the story they probably won't believe it.... any of it. The way our two paths crossed by pure coincidence was something you read in stories. Oh you know I jumped onto a stranger's motorcycle running from my psycho father I just came out to. Then they gave me a place to stay with his best friend and also gay fiance after I was kicked out of my house.... wait for it.....for being gay. I should write a book or something. 

I have no idea what he was thinking. Did he think I was weird? Was he enjoying the song? Or is he regretting his choice to listen... I highly doubt that but still. 

The past few months have been a roller coaster of emotions. Grief and despair closely follow happiness and laughter. Levi has never made me feel alone. With him, I finally felt like I belonged somewhere. Here I don't have to be afraid of being me, I can just be....me. Our life is so short, I don't want to spend it hiding in my room, blind to reality.

I close my eyes as I hit the ending outro of the song. High notes added a bright feeling for the future, my future. I don't know what it will entail but I hope the people I care for and who care for me are still in it. My fingers move almost on their own as they meticulously and precisely strike the old, still kinda dusty, keys. Levi probably found it disgusting but he's probably ignoring it to listen to me play. I think back to all of our encounters and conversations, the things he says and does. The way he tries to make it seem he's all cold and unemotional but really deep inside him, he's caring. Suddenly his eyes pop in my head, those shiny steel blue eyes. Sometimes they look grey and dull but they are still so pretty even then..... what am I saying?

The warmth inside quickly turned cold as I'm reminded of the situation my heart has led me into. 

I snap back into reality just in time to finish the last few notes of the song. When I finished, I rested my hands on the keys. Only crickets could be heard as I slowly open my eyes. I look over again to ask Levi what he thought and was stunned. His mouth hung open slightly and he couldn't remove his eyes from my hands. It was like he was caught in the trance I always get trapped in. Music does things to you nothing else can. It can make you smile, laugh, cry, get angry, get excited, and so on. Yet it can speak to people, other ways only dreamed possible. I can only hope it got to him as well. 

"It's bad I know, I'm still worki-" 

"That was.... amazing Eren." He marveled. 

"R-really?" I ask. 

"Yeah, I don't know how you can do that! You're really talented." He encouraged, making me smile. 

"T-thanks." I grinned. 

He cleared his throat, "So um... that last part... that was really about me?" 

I averted my eyes away from his quickly, not expecting him to dwell on that detail. "Kinda... yeah." I reply but feel a slight pit form in my stomach, "Is that weird? 'Cause I can change it if y-" 

"What? No! It's not weird do-... don't change it." He said. "I just wasn't expecting it."   

I let out a nervous chuckle, "Heh well neither of us expected the night we met to turn out like it did." 

Levi pursed his lips, "It was a pretty crazy night huh? But hey, it makes for quite an interesting story." 

I nodded, "I guess so." 

Levi's tone turns playful, "Oh come on, I did the whole damsel in distress thing!" 

My mouth drops as I look back over and scoff, "I-I was n-not ...a ...a damsel!" I argue as my voice gets slightly higher.