Chapter 8: Patch Up What Needs Healing; Part 1

Hey! Sorry for a short chapter but I felt like I should just stop here ;)

~

Chapter 8: Patch Up What Needs Healing; Part 1

Louis' POV:

I walked into the hospital quietly, a small carrier in hand. Occasionally, I'd look down, making sure my gift stayed still and put. Good.

"Mr. Tomlinson. Nice to see you again." Isabel says softly, meeting me at the ICU's waiting doors.

I simply nod, body tense. "How's he?"

Isabel's hazel eyes meet my own. "He's here."

A smile makes a way to my lips. "Is he awake?"

She nods, her own smile widening.

"Thank you." I whisper, eyes full of gratitude.

She lets out a sigh of content, nodding immediately. "Of course." she leads me down the halls, stopping when we reach Harry's room. "Here we are." her eyes cast down to the small box. "May I ask?"

I give her a small wink. "You'll see."

She nods, opening the door for me quickly. "Go ahead."

As the door closed behind me, I immediately felt a pair of green eyes lock onto me.

"Louis!"

I whip my head up, heart racing.

"Harry?"

Harry sits up in his bed, arms motioning me over. The tubes are gone. Almost everything is gone. Except for a simple IV.

I laugh, quickly making my way across the room. "Hey Hazza."

Harry's smirk grew. "Hiya Boobear."

The name flew through my ears, causing warmth to flow and ebb in my body. It's been so long since he's spoken that word to me. Called me his Boobear.

Harry's eyes soon found the box, and he rose an eyebrow. "What's this? A gift?"

I smirk, grabbing a chair to sit by his side. "Yup."

"Aww, LouLou. You shouldn't have!" he chortles. My heart swells. What's going on? Why is my heart beating so hard. I stare down at the younger boy, watching his eyes ogle the box. I shake the feeling away.

"Well?" he finally huffs, hands out. "You gonna let me open it or not Lou?"

I laugh, handing him the box. "It's good to see you've gotten back to your old self Hazzabear."

Harry smiles, snatching the box quickly.

"Carefull!" I holler, as something in the box squeaks. Harry eyes it cautiously. Then, slowly opens the lid.

"Oh my god!" he laughs as a ball of brown fur flings itself at Harry.

His eyes latch onto mine, full of happiness. "You got me a kitten Lou?"

I nod. "I did. You like him?"

Harry's gaze softens as he looks back down at the cat. The chocolate brown mass of fur rubs itself at Harry's cheeks, purring.

"Of course I do."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Good. Because I wouldn't have the heart to return this little guy."

Harry chuckles, rubbing the cat in-between it's ears. "Reminds me of home," he mumbles to himself. "Thanks Lou." he looks up and smiles warmly.

"Your welcome Haz."