Chapter 4: Field Trip

Chapter 3: Field Trip

I sat strapped tightly in the backseat, pouting. Niall had literally dragged me out of the house and stuffed me in the car, making sure I had loads of luggage around me to cease my escape. Stupid little leprechaun.

"You okay in 'der Louis?" Niall's voice rang from outside the car as he shut the house door and bumbled over. Strange. Wasn't he going to bring anything? I don't see a single suitcase that belongs to him.

I narrowed my eyes as he hopped into the front seat, next to our security guard Alex, who sat in the drivers seat.

"I would be. If I wasn't tied down like an animal," I snapped. "Where's your stuff anyways?"

Niall turned to smile warmly at me. "Put 'em in 'de back."

My eyebrows rose. "When? You never opened the trunk."

"Y-yes I did," Niall frowned. "Just...shut up Lou."

I rolled my eyes. Flipping lazily back against the seat, I threw him,

"Where are we going anyways?"

"First? McDonalds. You need something to eat."

~

I frowned as three bags of food were dumped beside me, the waft of French fries and burgers overwhelming my senses.

"Really Niall? Three bags? Do you honestly expect me to eat all this?"

Niall snorted, strapping in his seat belt. "You think this is all for you? I'm hungry too."

The edges of my lips twitched a bit. "You pig," I huffed, half-heartily.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay, I got 'tree twenty piece nuggets, two Big Macs, five large fries for us," he paused, digging inside one bag. "And a fillet-o-fish with medium fries and a coke for Alex. Oh! I got strawberry milkshakes too Lou, your favorite."

My stomach was practically howling. And the tempting cup of pink frost Niall held in front of me wasn't helping. Sighing, I snatched it out of his grasp and pulled the straw to my lips. I began to suck slowly, watching the pink liquid rise up the straw and, oh!

The minute the sweet, sugary flavor hit my tongue, my nose and mouth began to let out sounds of pleasure. The milkshake dropped into my empty stomach, making it ache for more. I began to suck harder and harder, gripping foam cup so tight, it cracked.

"Woah! Lou, calm down, your gonna-"

He paused, staring at me in awe. "You. . . finished it. Dat's gotta be a new all time record!! No brain freeze eider?"

I shook my head. Slowly, I handed him the mostly empty cup, that contained nothing but the remaining whipped cream and cherry. But as I turned to pick up a box of nuggets, Niall exclaimed,

"Oh! Forgot the cherry. Here. Open up."

Looking back up, Niall was leaned over my seat, propping the red cherry temptingly by its stem.

"Open," he demanded.

I stared at it blankly. "Niall, I don't like cherry's. None of the other lads do either, remember?"

Niall frowned, then pondered. "Are you sure? I thought there was one who did. That's why I thought it was you. Or...was it Zayn....hmmmm.."

I was lost staring at the cherry. The way it dangled by it's stem made me question myself. There was some one who liked cherries. I remember now. Because I remember feeding them to him personally.

Suddenly, I began to loose my appetite.

"I'm...not hungry anymore." I said, shoving the box of McNuggets back into the bag.