Chapter 7: Make It Out

Liam's POV: (Oho! Something new(; )

"We have an eighteen year old male, white, body temperature quickly dropping, and blood pressure rising! Needed in Intensive Care immediately. Heart rate is erratic, and he doesn't seem to be responding to any -" the rest of the nurses words were faded out, as they pushed the stretcher through the hospital doors, and a nurse blocked our path.

"I'm going to have to ask you all to wait in the waiting rooms."

I nodded slowly, holding back broken sobs. I had to stay strong. I had to; for the other lads. Because they're absolute messes.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and it soon slid down my back, gripping my shirt tightly. I quickly turned and looked down, heart shattering at the scene.

Louis was broken beyond imaginable, clutching my shirt helplessly. His knees held him upright on the ground, but his head was slowly falling onto my back. Tear stained face, red eyes. It was awful.

"Oh Louis," I whispered, immediately dropping to wrap him in my arms. I tried, and failed, to keep the tears from falling, but that just made them come even faster. How was he going to cope and restore himself after this? All the emotional stress from the fight, and now, we have Harry, in a critical condition. And we don't even know why.

"He's going to be fine Louis," I whispered. "You'll see." My voice was think and heavy with tears.

"L-Liam," Zayn whispered, pulling my attention to him. He was wiping his eyes rapidly, trying to regain himself. His hair was a mess. And that's saying something for Zayn, because we all were. Still fresh from bed and in our pajamas. Niall was trembling, whimpering and letting out silent sobs. I slowly helped Louis to his feet, letting him cry into my shoulder. Steadily, we all walked to the waiting rooms, sitting solemnly in our chairs. Paul was up front, speaking to nurses and the front desk. Harry's mum should have been contacted by now, and I'm sure she's on her way.

"Liam," Niall sniffed on my other shoulder, looking up at me brokenly. His eyes shimmered with tears, and it made it even harder to keep myself from bawling.

"Yeah?" I whispered, wiping tears from his eyes.

"What happened to him?"

I cursed beneath my breath. "I really wish I knew the answer to that Niall."

Niall nodded sadly, sniffing. Zayn just sat silently, still trying to wipe the tears. And Louis....well, Louis? I stroked his feathery hair. He was absolutely gutted. His shoulder quaked with sobs, and he clung onto my chest desperately.

"My fault," he'd cried out occasionally. And I'd shake my head and rub comforting circles along his back.

"No Lou, it's not. We're just going to pray he's in the best hands. He's going to be just fine."

Then, Paul came through the doors, eyes wet.

Niall and Zayn stood, but I remained seated, because Louis was sprawled along my lap.

"Any news?" Zayn whispered hoarsely.

Paul nodded solemnly. Wiping his eyes, he responded,

"He's having a liver failure."

~

Louis POV:

I froze, ceasing my sobs. Liver. Failure. God please tell me I heard wrong.

"Wha-what?" Liam gasped, eyes going wide. "No, no, that can't be right. It's been..it's only.."

Zayn interjected, "He doesn't have a lot of time. If his livers shutting down, he won't survive. He needs a liver transplant. Now."