Chapter 6: Tell Me A Lie - Part 1

Chapter 5: Tell Me A Lie Part 1

Louis' POV:

I clenched my fists tighter and stared even more intently at my toes as Harry glided past me quickly. I heard the front door slam violently afterwards. My nose inhaled a strong scent. Was that....no. That couldn't be the smell of alcohol on Harry right? Never.

I let out a long breath through my nose, walking to sit in a chair. The tantalizing smell of French toast caused my mouth to water, and I couldn't help searching for the source. And there it was. Right across the table. Two stacks of toast, covered in sticky syrup and piled high with whipped topping. And, of course, the strawberries. My stomach began to quake. I was positively starving. As I stood to go grab the plate, I heard the 'clang' of a can hit the grass right by the window. Then a spew of curses. Harry.

Toast long forgotten, I snuck up on the window, crouching down so he wouldn't see. Peering out, I saw Harry stumbling down onto the beach. No, more like teetering. The hell was wrong with him? He kicked some sand sloppily, finally settling down in the same position I was in yesterday. Great. Looks like this is gonna be the new routine for us. Warily, I pulled the curtains over the window, walking back to the kitchen table.

But now, my stomach wasn't in the mood for French toast anymore. It wasn't in the mood for anything. Again.

~

Harry's POV:

It's been 5 days now. And he hasn't said a single word to me. The routine now was, I slept on the couch, he slept on the bed upstairs. We didn't discuss this, I just decided to sleep there. And he, obviously, had no choice but to sleep on the bed. He could have objected, like he would have before, saying we most defiantly could share the bed, but that was before he hated me. Then in the mornings, I'd make breakfast. Sometimes I ate, and most of the time, I snuck out a few bottles out to get wasted on the beach. That's how it was. I was outside, drunk. And he was inside....not...drunk...

Showering? Rarely. And if Louis did, he probably did it whilst I was outside. And I did while Louis was asleep. I was getting kind of sick of this. Just the fact that Louis is HERE. And I'm not with him. It's not like he wants me with him anyways. Whatever.

~

Louis' POV:

(Day 6)

I sat silently on the large living room couch, staring aimlessly around the room. It's been almost another week, and I still haven't spoken to Harry. I'm too much of a coward too. And kinda because I don't ever see him. He's always outside.

I really don't know what to do at this point. In these 7 days, we were supposed to make up. Everything was supposed to return back to normal. Supposed to. But things don't always go as planned.

Suddenly, my pocket began to vibrate. Sighing, I dug inside, pulling it out. Probably Eleanor. She's been calling and texting all week, saying how sorry she was, and how much she misses me. It's sickening. I feel like a monster. I ended up hurting her feelings, and she was the one apologizing to me. I was a complete bastard.

I stared at the screen in surprise. Quickly, I clicked answer.

"Hey mum,"

The voice on the other end was hostile.

" 'Hey mum?' That's all I get? Where on earth are you Louis William Tomlinson?!"

I sucked in a sharp breath. Mum only uses my full name when she's severely pissed off. And she rarely ever is.

"I-I'm at a beach house mum."

Silence.

"Mum?"