Chapter 3: Moving Out - Part 2

Moving Out: Part 2

Louis:

I thought today was the day. I really did. When he told me that I couldn't leave him, I felt like today was the day I would really tell him how I felt. But reality slammed harshly into my gut right after he told me that he couldn't trust me. Fuck, this is so confusing.

I ran blindly out the front door, slamming it behind me. Little sobs kept escaping my trembling lips and I couldn't keep my knees from buckling as I broke down onto the driveway. Suitcase long forgotten, I buried my head in my hands. I'm nothing to him. He doesn't trust me. Why doesn't he trust me? Our friendship meant nothing more than shit to him.

"Louis?! Oh my god, are you OK?!" Eleanor scrambled quickly out of the car and came rushing to my side, shaking my shoulders. "What did that bastard do? Tell me so I can go severe his bal-"

"No!" I shouted, lifting my head. "Eleanor just stay out of it!"

Eleanor reered back in shock, hands releasing my shoulders. Honestly, I was sick of her always butting into my problems. And actually, she was kinda the whole reason I was having these problems in the first place.

"I-I...Lou.." she whispered. "I was just trying to help."

"I don't need help. I just need some time to myself, for once." I emphasized the last word, staring her right in the eyes.

The shock and concern were ripped off her face to be replaced with pure anger. She stood before, hands on her hips.

"What the hell do you mean 'for once?'" she seethed. "After all I've done for you?!"

"Eleanor, you basically forced me out of my home to come live with you!"

But the instant the words left my mouth, I regretted it. Immensely. Eleanor's eyes widened with pure rage.

"Forced?! So now I forced you to come live with me? Like it's some goddamned bloody torture to come live with your girlfriend?! Fuck Louis, forget it!! Forget it!! You don't want my help? Fine, I won't offer it anymore!!" she shrieked, hopping into her car, slamming the door behind her. And before I could even manage to stand up, she speed out of the driveway and out of sight. Leaving me broken, lost, and on a driveway that no longer belongs to me. Fucking brilliant.

~

"I really appreciate this Niall. You don't know how much it means to me." I said as I stepped into the house. Niall's been renting out the place this week, he really did fall in love with it. And hopefully here, I can escape the wrath of "reality."

Niall smiled warmily at me.

"Of course Lou, no sweat."

I really do appreciate all this. He's such a good friend. I towed my baggage's inside and threw them by the couch, flopping into the cushions to bury myself away from the world. I would give anything in the world to just go back in time, go back and erase all of yesterday's events.

"Louis? You alright mate?" Niall asked, hands rubbing my shoulders sympathetically. My back was to him, and my face was buried in the soft material of the couch.

I let out a dignified sniff. "Course I am."

I heard him sigh. "Louis, seriously."

"Yeah. I'm serious as fuck Niall, I'm fine."

Niall let out a sound of frustration. "Louis, stop. You always do this to yourself."

I lifted my face to turn and glare at him through squinted eyes. "Do what Niall?"

Sad blue eyes bored into mine, his expression tired. "Hide your hurt from the world Lou. You act like your okay. You pretend like you don't care, and when anyone wants to help, you turn a cold shoulder. I know it's hard Lou, but it's not healthy to keep to yourself forever. Believe me, I know."