44: Beach and Fighting

Start from the beginning

"Finally! There they are. We were about to leave without you," Todd tells us.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Someone took forever to get ready," I say, sending a glare in Alex's direction.

"Let's get going," David says, and leads us all out the door.

Luckily, since our house is right on the beach, it takes us no time to get there. We quickly set up our towels, chairs, and umbrella and in no time almost everyone is in the water.

I stay back with Alex and we both sit together on the sand, watching as everyone runs into the water and starts to swim and splash each other.

"Can we build a sand castle?" I ask excitedly. Alex laughs at this.

"Of course," he answers.

We walk down to the end of the beach and sit down there where the sand is wet and thick and capable of building castles with.

We start building upwards with the sand, creating a huge mound. Then, I make the top of it flat and start drawing windows and a door. While I'm decorating the castle, Alex creates a moat around it.

"We need some shells," I point out. Alex agrees, and we walk a little ways into the water and dig through the sand to find ourselves some shells.

After a few minutes of searching for them, Alex and I both walk out of the water with shells in hand. We use them to decorate the castle and add a little make-shift flag on top, before we finally decide we're finished.

"It looks great," Alex chuckles as we both stand up and look at our creation.

"Yeah, it does. I'm proud of us," I say. Alex slips his arm around my waist as we're admiring our creation, and I lean into him.

"Now we should go into the water," Alex says, looking down at me.

"You know I don't really like the water," I groan.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Alex assures me, squeezing my waist with his hand.

"I don't really want to," I say, not really meaning it.

"Fine," Alex says, and quickly slips an arm under my knees and scoops me up off the ground.

"Alex!" I squeal, holding onto him for dear life.

He begins to walk into the water, me still in my arms. I squeak and kick at him, yelling for him to put me down, but he keeps walking further and further in.

Finally, when my body is just about touching the water, he drops me in. I scream as I go underwater, swallowing a little bit of it as I do so.

As soon as I resurface and wipe the water from my face, I hear Alex giggling.

"Fuck you," I say, pointing at him. "You're lucky I love you or else you'd be dead right now."

"I love you too," Alex says, coming over to me and wrapping me in his arms.

"I'm still mad," I tell him when he lets me go.

"Come on, don't be mad. Let's just have some fun!" He says, grabbing my hand and twirling me.

"Nope, I don't like you now. I'm going to hang out with Todd instead," I say, jokingly, and turn around and wade through the water towards Todd.

I watch behind me as Alex crosses his arms and juts out his bottom lip and I giggle.

"Hey, Todd," I say once I've made my way over to him.

"Hey, Kota. What's up?" Todd asks me.

"Alex threw me in the water so I came over here," I shrug and dip my head back into the water.