10: Modeling Gig in Mexico

"Alex, it's only for two weeks," I assure my best friend, who is currently pouting about my leaving for a two-week-long modeling gig.

"We can FaceTime every night and talk for hours, okay?" I tell him.

"But I'm still going to miss you," Alex says, pulling me in for a tight hug.

I laugh at this. "I'll miss you a lot too, but at least we can talk still, right? And I'll send you lots of pretty pictures over Snapchat," I promise him.

"Okay, fine," he finally says and releases me.

"I'm still not going to like being away from you for so long, though. We haven't spent more than a day or two apart for the past two weeks, I don't know how I'm going to survive for being away from you for two whole weeks," Alex admits.

"You'll survive. Give Jasper and Bailey loves of kisses from me, okay? And behave yourself and be nice to David and Dom," I tell him.

"Okay, Mom," Alex joked and I laugh.

"I love you guys, see you in two weeks," I say, waving to the whole vlog squad that was over and the couple of camera that were filming my departure.

Everyone choruses "bye"s and "miss you"s as I walk out the door to find Ainsley. As my makeup artist, Ainsley was coming with me to Mexico, of course. And she was the one driving me to the airport, too.

I put my two suitcases in the back of her car, reminding me of the day that Parker kicked me out and I had to put my suitcases in her car for the first time and stay at her house. I shake the memory away and get into the passenger seat.

"Are you excited? Mexico for two weeks! What a dream," Ainsley dreamily says, as we start driving to the airport.

"I know, I'm so excited for Mexico. I'm still a little bummed about leaving Alex and the vlog squad though," I admit.

"I would be too if I were you. You guys have gotten so close since you moved in, especially you and Alex," Ainsley says.

"I love Alex so much. He's literally my best friend now. I never know you could get a best friend in such a short amount of time, but hey, I guess you can," I shrug.

"You love him?" Ainsley says smirking at me.

"As a friend, dummy! I'm not in love with him," I roll my eyes at her.

"He's pretty hot though, I'd be in love with him if I were you," Ainsley admits.

"Ainsley! You have a finance!" I scold her, laughing a little bit.

"I'm just saying! And you two would be such a cute couple, you practically are already with all that cuddling and touching you guys do," Ainsley shrugs.

"That's just what close friends do, Ains! And he doesn't like me and I don't like him, so we're not a couple!" I scoff.

"You should be though," Ainsley says.

"We don't even seem like a couple so I don't know what you're talking about," I tell her.

"Really? Go rewatch David's vlogs right now and pay close attention to you and Alex. You'll see what I'm taking about," Ainsley assures me.

I take out my phone and my head phones and plug them into my phone. I go into my YouTube app and begin watching the first vlog with me in it, "OUR NEW ROOMMATE."

I watch closely, first noticing the way Alex looks at me. In this video we barely knew each other yet, but he still looked at me as if I was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen.