11

Rachel

The church wasn't too far from where we found the sketchy priest Gabriel. Ricky helped a few of them search it while I kept watch with a few others outside. While I waited out there, Abraham gave me his spiel on getting Eugene to Washington..

I didn't buy it.

The likelihood of there being a cure wasn't very.. likely. And I doubted this mullet wearing, mumbling guy really had the cure to stop this. This was beyond our control.

But I didn't protest anything, especially when Milo started asking questions. The last thing I needed to do was take any kind of hope away from him. But even he was pretty skeptical about it.

If anything, we'd stay with Glenn and Michonne. They were honest, genuine people; I trusted them more than anyone else here so far.. and I trusted Rick's and Daryl's ability to keep their family alive. I'd rather be with them, then on some risky mission with no payoff.

Once they gave the clear, we all regrouped inside the church. We were to split off into groups. Rick and his group would go to the place Gabriel mentioned, that was left unswept, Glenn's was to scavenge the rest of the town, mainly the gun shop. Abraham wanted to hang back and work on a short bus he found down the road. Daryl and Carol were to get water, while Carl and Tyreese stayed here with Judith.

I talked to Ricky about where Milo should be during all of this. Everyone broke off into groups naturally, and Ricky volunteered to go with Rick. I ended up going with Glenn. I wanted to keep Milo with me. I always felt better having him close, not that I didn't trust Ricky to have his back.. But both groups were to go into unknown territory. So we both agreed to have Mi stay back with Carl and Tyreese. It was secured, and Abraham's group wasn't too far just in case anything went wrong. And even if things did, I could count on Milo to take care of himself.

We started packing up, getting ready to move out. I had just talked to Milo about him staying behind. He looked like he wanted to protest, but he nodded and promised to keep the church safe. I trusted him to do so.

Mi was sitting next to me, sharpening his knife when Daryl walked our way. I glanced up from my bag, not too sure what to expect from him. Last night was awkward, but he was trying to ease the tension between us.. But it was kinda complicated, no matter how much I didn't want it to be.

He approached Milo, his steps were light and quiet. That always amused me. He was always such a tense, rough guy, yet the way he carried himself was so cautious and calm.. When he wasn't upset.

He glanced my way and scratched at his chin before bringing his attention back to Milo. Mi stood quiet, and watched Daryl curiously. Daryl cleared his throat, and reached his hand out, "Here, if ya need 'em before Rick gets back with some food.."

Milo nodded and took the two squirrels Daryl was offering. He gave him a small smile, "Thank you."

Daryl nodded and smiled awkwardly. He reached for his bow's strap that hung over his shoulder and clung to it; he waved his bow free hand nonchalantly, "No problem."

He stalked off over towards Glenn, and Milo looked over to me. He raised his brow and rasped, "Here." He tossed them over to me and I caught them. I stared down at the two for a second before setting them down with our things, "I'll skin them when I get back, cool?" I asked.

"Cool.."

————————

I followed close behind Tara, while Glenn and Maggie lead the way through the small town. Everything looked to be cleared, so we decided to only use our time and energy to get to the gun shop. I didn't expect much to be left, but you never knew when you'd get lucky out here.