party at my house (04)

Start from the beginning

what's wrong with her? had she gone crazy?

i didn't realized that i was blatantly staring at her until i saw that she's approaching me.

"come with me," jennie said.

"why?" i gulped.

"just come."

"hey, don't force her-"

jennie turned her head to kenzo's direction and glared at him. "shut the fuck up, little boy. i told you before didn't i? don't tell me what to do or else i'll break your nose and some of your ribs."

kenzo gulped, it looked as if his whole life just flashed in front of his eyes.

"ey, what's going on here?" a slender arm suddenly wrapped my shoulders. i looked to see who it was, my heart skipped a bit when i get greeted by rosé. "what's going on, jisoo?"

"well, u-uhm, jennie asked me to come with her," i answered.

"just wanted her to eat lunch with us, rosé," jennie shrugged.

"ah, i see! well then, let's get going?" rosé suggested.

jennie nodded. i didn't know what was happening so i just nodded just for the sake of it.

and before i could even ask if kenzo could join us, jennie was already dragging me away from him. why does she like to drag me into places? it kind of hurts and it's annoying.

once we entered the canteen, i immediately see lisa sitting on their usual spot. i also see my group of friends that i used to hang out with. they kicked me out their group because they told me that they're scared that these three might target them next. i don't blame them. no hard feelings, it's not like our bond was that strong anyways.

i sat down next to jennie -- just like the last time. lisa and rosé in front of us.

"hey," lisa waved at me and i waved back.

i felt scared. sitting with these three will always be scary, they can humiliate me any time. saying that they're unexpected is an understatement; they're more than just that.

lisa and rosé abruptly stood up. i felt my heart skip a beat. are they going to do something to me?

fuck. fuck.

"rosé and i will get the food. sit down and relax. don't fight, okay?" lisa said with a huge smile.

jennie nodded. i grew more confused. they're surprisingly pleasant today? am i high or something?

"so, about the party," jennie spoke the moment her best friends were gone. "did you mind change?"

"no. not really."

why does she even want me there? i don't belong there, i'm an outcast.

"why not? it's going to be fun."

"i'm not really a fun type of girl, nini."

i cursed myself when i accidentally uttered her pet name. i forgot that i made a mental note to never ever say that again.

"everybody changes," she slouched down her seat. "it's going to be fun. you're going to enjoy it."

for a second, i felt like giving in -- but i remembered something.

"why do you want me to come? are you planning something evil?" i accused.

"what?" she looked at me in shock before chuckling.

wow. her laugh is quite beautiful.

"i have a plan for the party, but a plan that's evil? none of that."

"promise?" i asked and held my pinky out.

she looked at me weirdly. "what's that?" she pointed at my pinky that's sticking out.

"a pinky promise!" i replied. "don't tell you don't know what this is."

"i don't."

"here, let me teach you," i grabbed her hand and instructed her to stick her pinky out just like what i did earlier. and then, i linked our pinkies and thumbs together -- forming an "unbreakable" promise.

"once you do this with someone, you're not allowed to break the promise. it's illegal!"

"is that so?" jennie raised her brow, a fascinated smile plastered on her hauntingly beautiful face.

i nodded and then i realized that our fingers are still intertwined. i was the first one who pulled my hand away. a blush forming on my cheeks.

"so, you're coming, right?" jennie asked.

"yeah," i shyly answered, still trying to get over the pinky promise and how our hands lingered longer than usual. "i mean -- i -- you promised to not do anything evil."

"okay," she looked at me and flashed me a bright smile. "i'll pick you up. okay?"

i know where you live. there's no point in picking me up.

i nodded my head anyways.