- Chapter 25 -

Despite the obvious tension between the two men clearly used to getting their ways, Jaxon and Vadim were able to hold a meeting without killing each other. Apparently, the vampires had been restless lately, meaning that they were probably planning something; most likely a raid on the pack. Vadim, luckily, had to leave later that week, needing to manage the rebellion group.

Jaxon and I were having our first defensive training session. He wouldn't let me train with any of the other wolves, and insisted that he trained me himself.

"Come on, Reynolds. Give it your best shot."

I let out a light laugh. "Don't think I don't notice how you're trying to demonstrate a defensive move by making me attack you first."

He huffed, but didn't deny anything. "I'm trying to look cool by throwing you flat onto your back so I can spew something about not attacking blindly, just let me."

"Exactly. Trying to look cool and failing miserably."

He approached me, his arms still tense. I pretended not to notice as he smirked. "I always look cool."

As his arms shot out, I spun out of the way, causing him to groan. "Come on! Why won't you let me talk about not letting your guard down?"

"I think we both know that's never going to be a problem with me."

He raised an eyebrow at me, his muscles rippling as he crossed his arms. "Exactly. Which is why you don't need this defensive training."

I flipped him off, getting into a defensive stance that Landon had taught me. "Stop trying to teach me the basics. Teach me something that will actually help against trained fighters."

He pressed his lips together, but his eyes gleamed with mischief. His left leg tensed moments before he shot forward, and I quickly ducked out of the way. However, his movements were too fast for me to notice the way he positioned his feet, grounding himself.

He reached out as I tried to evade his first move, catching my arm and spinning me backwards, making me fall onto my back.

"In this position, you're vulnerable." He straddled me, moving his hands and placing them lightly on my throat.

He grinned when he noticed my glare. "You know what? I might not teach you this move right now. I do quite like seeing you in this position."

I squirmed, trying to get out of the position and failing miserably. "Jesus- "

"Yup, that's me."

"- do you eat three horses a day or something?"

Jaxon chuckled deeply. "No. I just eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a boar."

"Wow, the big bad wolf knows his Disney references. Congrats. Now teach me the move so I can get you off of me."

"I think I'm okay."

I slapped his chest, causing him to laugh once more. "Jaxon!"

"Fine, fine. Try to pin my foot to the side. Yes. That's good. Now plant your opposite foot to the side and bridge using your hips to roll me off at a 45-degree angle."

I pushed, causing him to roll off of me with little resistance. I huffed at this.

"Jaxon, we both know that if someone with enhanced strength pinned me down, that move wouldn't be possible."

"But it's the safest one that requires the least action from you."

"Well it's useless if it won't work!" I threw my hands up into the air and sighed, flopping back onto the mat.