- Chapter 32 -

When most of the alphas began dispersing from the room, Alpha Easton, Alpha Harrison and Alpha Valdez all shared a look, staying behind along with Jaxon and I. The real power holders in the room.

All four alpha's stiff postures relaxed slightly when the door to the war room shut, leaving us alone. "I swear to god, I wanted to rip that diplomat's throat out when he suggested storming the building," murmured Alpha Harrison, shaking his head.

Jaxon nodded; although it was still stiffer than usual, it had become a slightly more relaxed movement than what I had seen during the meeting. "Agreed. Everyone here agree that we can't let the diplomats make the decisions for the heist?" A series of nods followed. "Good."

Alpha Valdez gave me an inquisitive look, running his hand over the tan skin of his neck. "Can you really pull this off? Do you have any experience in the area?"

Before I could respond, Alpha Easton cut in, his sharp eyes catching my every movement, my every breath. He had watched me closely ever since we had first met eyes near the entrance, just like I had to him.

"Oh trust me, she has experience. Don't think that I don't notice the way you move, the way that you are hyper-perceptive to both people's body language and to your surroundings. You were a thief before Jaxon met you, weren't you?"

I nodded, deciding that the truth would have to come out at some point, and that the secret was safe with this close-knit group of powerful alphas for now. They would be the ones planning the heist, after all. "It was a means to survive."

Alpha Easton gave me one more assessing look. "Don't worry about validating your decisions. You aren't used to heists; I noticed that way that you weren't quite as comfortable with approaching the subject as you were with speaking about your aptitude in climbing and escaping situations. You also don't seem to be the thrill-seeking type. I believe you when you said that it was a means to survive."

I let out a small laugh. "Well you're quite perceptive, aren't you?"

"As are you."

Alpha Harrison cut in. "Well, if she's anywhere near as perceptive as you are, Alpha Easton, then I'm not worried about this heist. I believe Alpha Adler; if he has faith in your abilities, then so do I."

"I second that statement." Alpha Valdez added.

Jaxon gave me a small smile, which I returned. "Now," he said, drawing the attention of the powerful alphas back to him, "time for food. We had the chefs prepare a buffet style meal for us in the kitchen, and I'm sure the other alphas and emissaries have found it by now. Wouldn't want to miss out on all the good cuts of meat, would we?"

After the meal in the pack house, most of the alphas retreated to one of the various guest rooms in the house

After the meal in the pack house, most of the alphas retreated to one of the various guest rooms in the house. Norah joined in, calling Jaxon by his name for the first time since I had met her as she led some of the alphas to their rooms. Then again, I suppose calling the alpha to the best warrior pack in the world "Jaxy-paxy" in front of the most prominent warrior faction leaders of the werewolf community wouldn't be appropriate.