04

Mackenzie peered over the counter full of baby items, looking at Johnny who had baby wipes in his hand, casually looking at them as he walked to the back of the store.

Mackenzie followed him, tiptoeing with a nerf gun in her hand, before seeing a fort full of baby wipes and toilet paper, it threw her off guard, making her drop the gun, looking up at it.

"What the hell..." She whispered, almost immediately being attacked by Johnny with his nerf gun, making her snort and reaching down blindly to grab hers as Johnny never stopped attacking her.

"Okay!" She chuckled, "Okay!"

He stopped shooting at her, placing his gun down beside him, laughing.

She laid on the floor, dramatically, acting as if she was DED, her tongue stuck out of her mouth as she had the back of her hand placed on her forehead.

"Mackenzie! Please! You're too young to die!" He said humorously, sitting beside her.

Mackenzie sat up as well, smiling at him, using her arms to keep up balance upright, "What will your boss say to all of this?" Mackenzie chuckled.

"Hayden's got me." He shrugged.

"He should've known better than to leave the store with a couple of teens, overnight." She said, standing up and holding her hand out for Johnny to grab, which he did, as he muttered, "Yeah, you're right."

As Mackenzie didn't have the strength to properly hold Johnny up, the teens tumbled to the floor, Johnny falling on top of Mackenzie. They both laughed, their laughter filling the emptiness of store, but their laughter quickly dies down, emptiness soon taking over, making their eyes connect.

"Alright kids, settle down, it's not that kind of party." They were startled by the booming voice of Hayden from security room, playing over the loud speaker, making them shuffle off of each other and awkwardly look around the store for a quick moment.

"Alright, Juanny, I think it's time for me to go, now." She said, breaking the silence and pulling her phone out of her back pocket, seeing the time, "I have to be at school in a few hours." She speaks into a yawn, causing Johnny's eyebrows to furrow.

"What! You're not gonna stay and help me?!" Johnny said, motioning to the fort he built.

"Hayden's got you." She repeated, winking, leaving the store.

Johnny scoffed, starting to pick up the Nerf bullets that scattered around the aisle. "Why did I invite her to play with Nerf Guns?" He whispered to himself, looking at the almost empty shelf of toilet paper, due to his fort being set up.

"Wow," Hayden said, interrupting his short conversation with himself, "You're falling so hard, she's got you talking to yourself."

"I was not." Johnny said, pausing his actions of picking up the bullets, before returning a few seconds after. "Okay, maybe I was."

"See! Don't worry man, I'm sure you'll get laid by the end of the summer-"

"WhAt?" Johnny asked, "Okay look- I'm not falling for her, and we are not having sex."

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say, dude." Hayden chuckled, beginning to pick apart the pieces of the fort, making Johnny smile back at him.

are people still reading this shit? hello?