02

Mackenzie looked up at her ceiling as it was currently 1AM. She looked at her phone, checking for any messages or notifications; she had none. Not only was she out of shows to watch, but, yet again, all of her friends were fast asleep. Mackenzie had no idea why she stayed up so late now, it had been a week or so since her first encounter with Johnny, and they hadn't contacted each other at all. Mackenzie went to the store a few times, for her mother, and no sign of Johnny.

She figured she would take a trip to see if he'd be there, she was out of snacks, after all, so it wouldn't hurt to go grab some more.

She yanked her blankets off of her, reaching for her phone as she put on her nike slides, scribbling another note for her mother, incase she woke up and decided to look for Mackenzie, and headed out the door.

A loud tone was heard as Mackenzie walked through the door, notifying the employees someone was entering the store. She turned her head, seeing no one at the register but a teenage boy, who wasn't Johnny. She sighed, walking to her favorite aisle, the candy aisle, looking for her candy.

"For someone who doesn't want me to know their name, you sure are trying to see me a lot, MACKENZIE."

Her head whipped around to see Johnny, in his store uniform, with his hands behind his back, "Get over yourself, Orlando." She paused before realizing, "Wait, how did you figure out my name?"

Johnny revealed what was behind his back, a yearbook, which was opened to a page full of sophomores, Mackenzie being the very last one.

"Oh, god." She said as her eyes widened, "Noooooo"

"Yesssss." He replied with a smirk on his face," Turns out we go to the same school."

Mackenzie's lips formed into a straight line and Johnny slammed the book shut.

"Besides, why else would you come at 1 in the morning? I've seen you walking in here for the past week." He said suspiciously, nodding his head as Mackenzie covered her eyes with her hands.

"How have you seen me if you weren't here?" She wondered aloud.

"I work in the security room during the day."

"So... you work here for 24 hours a day?" She exclaimed, causing him to chuckle.

"No, but thanks for the concern."

blicky got the stiffy uH