22: A Brave New World

"Sweet Pea?" I call into the Pembrooke home

"Sweet Pea?" I call into the Pembrooke home. I place the pancakes on the table as he wonders out of the bedroom, sliding on a shirt over his head. It had been a few days since the Black Hood incident, and school would finally be starting up again now that Jughead was okay.

"Always dresses up?" The dark haired boy chuckles. He kisses my lips softly as he sits down in his spot.

I sit across from him, smiling. "It's cute. Don't judge." My fork makes a sound against the plate as I take a bite of the chocolate chip treat. "Uh.. I should probably ask you this.."

Sweet Pea looks up at me. "Yea?"

I sigh, putting my fork on the table. "Do you...want the baby?" I ask. The question had been on my mind since the riot. However he and I never properly spoke of it. Two and a half months pregnant it would only be so long until I would show, and people would know.

The Serpent Boy looks at me wide eyed. "Emmy. This baby is the craziest, most untimely thing that could've ever happened." He says. "But it's ours, and I don't care what I have to do, I want us to have our little Northside Serpent baby and I want them to have the most badass life ever." He grins, holding my hands tightly.

"This isn't Boss Baby, SP." I blush.

He shrugs, leaning back in his chair. "And? My baby is going to be my little ninja." Sweet Pea makes play karate actions and odd sounds, causing me to laugh uncontrollably.

We walk hand in hand into Riverdale High, eyes on the most controversial couple in town. Northside Princess and Southside Prince. Southside Serpent and Blossom Girl. The corrupted bridge between the tracks. Toni comes over, books in hand.

"I was worried. You all went MIA and I thought either you killed each other or ran away together. Or both." She smirked.

I roll my eyes. "Toni, I would never abandon my baby's god mother." Toni's eyes widen as Sweet Pea and I smile at each other.

"What?"

"Well, you and or Cheryl." I roll my eyes playfully. "I trust you two more than anything. And whether or not you guys are together or not I want both of you to take care of the baby if anything happens." Toni lets out a squeal, wrapping her arms around me tightly. I never thought Toni Topaz would act like such a female.

Toni looks at both of us, grinning. "Now, as much as I love you two, we have an issue."

"So, this is how it ends, huh?" Jughead mumbles. "Not with a whimper, but with a memo from Weatherbee." He tosses the piece of paper aside. Toni, Sweet Pea, and I stand together as we learn what's to come for the Serpents.

"Riverdale High is now suddenly overcrowded. So, starting next week, all former Southside High students will be bussed to Seaside High, which is two hours away." Toni reads.

"Meaning, he blames us for trashing the school during riot night." Sweet Pea growls.

" Well, to be fair, Sweet Pea." I hum in a high pitch voice.