8: House Of The Devil

Jughead and Betty were going to pick up FP tomorrow, so V and I went back to her house until we'd go the Reaper house where a family of four was killed

We walked in to see Sheriff Keller and the Lodges at the table. "Sheriff Keller?" Veronica asks.

"Veronica, Emmy." He nodded before walking out.

"What was he doing here?" V asks her parents.

Hermione sighs, fiddling with her fingers. "The shadow of the Black Hood has finally landed on our home. We received a letter."

"What?" I ask. "What did I say?"

"The usual." Hiram says, attempting to calm V and I. "That we'll be targeted and punished for our sinful ways." So much for that.

"Well don't let it ruin your day." Veronica says sarcastically, shocked by her unbothered parents.

"According to Keller, apparently dozens of households received he exact same letter." Mrs. Lodge explains.

Veronica shakes her head; "Well, I don't know about those other people, but we're actual sinners." Veronica shouts.

Hiram taps the table, "The Pembrooke is a fortress, and Andre is trained in the martial arts."

"What about when we go to school? Or shopping." Veronica asks.

"He'll drive you, and if he's not available; we'll hire a car service."

Mrs. Lodge nods, "Also, your father and I have talked and we wouldn't mind seeing more of Archie. He's brawny and devoted to you."

We walk into V's room. "That was intense." I breathe.

"No kidding." V flops on her bed, sighing.

"V, don't worry. Nothing is going to happen to you or your family." I smile.

She looks up at me and gives a slight smile. "You're right. If as many family's as they said got it, we'll be fine. At least for a while."

"Dear sister, why are you so hasty?" Cheryl says in the Thistle house kitchen.

I look back at her, confused. "I'm trying to make Nana dinner, Cheryl." She smiles and leans against the counter next to me.

"You're a good person Emmy." I look up at my sister, who I realize is in one of her soft spots.

"Cheryl-"

She cuts me off before I can say anything. "You have a sparky attitude, and it tends to piss people off...but you have done nothing but help me and your friends. Even when we don't need it." She smiles. I sigh and wrap my arms around my twin sister.

"You're amazing, Dear sister." I grin.

I walk into the Whyte Wyrm for the first time, looking between the Serpents who watched me walk up to Betty and Toni. "So I wanna keep and eye keep an eye on Jughead, myself." I sit next to Betty and look at her.