17: The Noose Tightens

Sisters of Whatever The Hell This Fucking Place is is disgusting

At all hours i hear screaming. I hear cries and pleads for help. Some nights my own. Cheryl and I had been separated the night we arrived.

"What are you doing!? LET ME GO!" I screamed as some men pulled me out of the car, men also pulling Cheryl out.

"Let go of me you worthless pigs!" Cheryl shouts.

She looks up at me, trying to pull towards me. "EMMY!" She screams, tears running down her face.

"CHERYL!"

It had been a while since then, and I only see her on Movie nights. At the nights where we would learn that the gayness is bad or that the thoughts in our heads are bad, that only the Sisters could heal us.

The people  that weren't completely drugged were okay. There was a girl, Whitney, who had been there for a year after her parents sent her away to hope she would be cleansed after she had been abused, to which she was blamed for.

She and I were at a lunch, with the people who had been obedient and showed "progress".

"You know," Alec whispers. "Tonight is movie night. You and I could wander off and.." Alec had been here a few months, and his overly religious parents found out he had a relationship with a southsider.

"I have a boyfriend, thanks." I snap.

He chuckles, laying back. "Of course. The Southside Serpent. He must be a charmer huh?"

"Shut it Alec." Whitney snaps. She looks at me. "Your sister will be at movie night, are you guys sitting by each other?"

I shake my head. "I have to help Sister Anne clean a former patients room. They uh.." They nod without me having to say anything. I loon around. "Is there a phone anywhere?" I whisper.

Alec speaks up. "Yeah in the main office, it's the only phone. Why?"

I lean further over the table. "Whitney, I need you to set a distraction, enough to get everyone on you."

"I can't do that!" She looks over at Adrian, a hot head here. "But I can get someone else to." She smirks. She grabs a carrot off her plate, throwing it in Adrian's direction.

He looks around as we all look at our food, talking quietly as he attempts to find out who through the food at him. "Who through it!?" He shouts. "Who through the carrot!?" Sisters and doctors begin to rush over as he attacks a kid in the room, who was chuckling lowly. Whitney shoos me to the door, which lead to the hallway, leading to the office.

I slip out, making sure the rushing Nurses don't spot me. I hide behind an open door to a room, letting them close it as they walk in. I run to the office, which became unattended quickly. I grab the phone, hiding dialing the only number I knew to call.