15: There Will Be Blood

It was the first time in weeks I since I have last been to Thistle House, but after some sisterly arguing; Cheryl persuaded me to come back for dinner

It was the first time in weeks I since I have last been to Thistle House, but after some sisterly arguing; Cheryl persuaded me to come back for dinner. I unlock the familiar door, walking in with Cheryl behind me, to see mother, and a strange man.

"Mother." Cheryl and I say in unison.

"Strange man I've never met." Cheryl said, eyeing down the old man in our living room.

Mother begins to speak for once. "Cheryl, Emilia, this is Mr. Lazenby, our estate attorney."

"Your father, as it turns out left a secret will." Mr. Lazenby explained.

I scoff, crossing my arms. "Of course he did."

"But Daddy does months ago." Cheryl pointed out in confusion.

"And Mr. Blossoms instructions were to reveal the existence of his will only after the authorities had concluded their investigation into his side business."

"You mean drug dealing?" I snarl.

Cheryl perks up. "Does that mean we'll be rich again?" She asks our witch of a mom.

"Oh, Cheryl, don't be so gauche." Mother mocks. I can almost naturally roll my eyes and scoff.

"Per Clifford's instructions, he requested I withhold all information, including the names of his numerous beneficiaries, until a public will-reading." Mr. Lazenby looks between me and my sister. "That's tomorrow afternoon."

Cheryl drags me upstairs, pulling me into her room. "We need to talk now."

"What is it?" I ask, sitting on Cheryl's bed.

"Toni. I...I think.."

"You like her!" I squeak, clapping my hands together.

Cheryl shakes her head. "N-no. She's just there first person besides you and Jason to be there for me. Truly there for me." She says. I make a sound in aw and hold my sisters hand.

"Everything will be fine, my beautiful twin sister." I kiss her cheek and pull her phone out of her back. "Now call that purple gemstone and get her over. She's coming to the Will Reading." I grin.

She nods and turns to make her call. My phone chimes, a call from Pea. "Hey." I say, stepping into my room across from Cheryl's.

"Hey Baby, hows Thistle House?" He asks. He sounds groggy, meaning he probably woke up from a nap.

I lay out on my bed, my room almost identical to Cheryl's except red and white, rather than black and red. "Oh, you know. Surprises after Surprises." I hum. "I have to spend the night because we have a will reading for my father tomorrow. Cheryl is asking Toni to come."