4: The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Archie's "red circle" video went viral in the school instantly

Archie's "red circle" video went viral in the school instantly. I was surprised by how terrifying he tried to be, and I couldn't help but laugh. Veronica called me freaking out, which is the reasoning I knew of the video.

V and I grabbed a hold of Archie before school.

"My parents want my to break up with you." Veronica informs.

"And my aunt thinks you're the teen American Psycho." I scold, talking about Alice.

Archie looks at us, "Since when do you two care what they think?"

"We don't." I defend.

"We just happen to agree with them."

"Can't you just support me on this, Ronnie? Emmy?" Archie sighs in frustration.

"On what? Is this part of some master plan? 'Cause if it is, please enlighten me." Veronica snaps.

"You know, to be honest, I don't see why your dad's got such a problem with it, Veronica. He pretty much gave me the idea. In his study, he basically told me I should-"

I cut Archie off. "Line up a bunch of semi-naked boys straight out of Lord of the Flies put them in red ski masks and deliver some Unabomber-like manifesto? Is that what he said you should do?"

"Fight fire with fire. Fight terror with terror. That's what he said." Veronica stays in her spot when Archie gets called down to the office. We look at eachother, rolling our eyes before walking towards our 1st hours.

I find Reggie and slam my book on the table. "You're an idiot, Reginald." I scold before sitting in the chair next to him.

Kevin and I meet up after history, explaining Betty exposed that he went to Fox Forest for his little gay conquests. "She was just looking out for you." I say as we open the doors to the B&G.

"Betty, okay. So telling my dad about me cruising the woods? Not cool. He even told my mom." I stop listening when I see Betty staring blankly at her desk.

"Betty? What? What is it?" I cut off Kevin, not really worried about his social blade.

She doesn't move her eyes from the table. "I was going through the Blue and Gold's mail." She looked up at us. "And I got a letter from the Black Hood killer. He says he's doing it for me."

"Betty, your words at the Jubilee inspired me. The town's sinners must show their contrition. If not, there will be more suffering and bloodshed. Enclosed is a cipher. It details where I will punish the next sinner. It is a test. Only you may solve it, Betty."

"My speech... Inspired him. That stupid speech I wrote."

"So the Black Hood was at the Jubilee." I say,

"The entire town was there."

Kevin looks around frantic. "We have to give this to my dad.l"

"The cipher, yeah, sure, but not the letter, This is just... For me. We can't tell anyone about it."