Chapter 3

Seven Months Later

How should I define this evening?

Cuddling with my boyfriend in peaceful silence, laying on the hood of his car while we both stare at the star-filled night sky.

Romantic won't even cut it. Can I use the word perfect?

I never thought that it's possible for anyone to fall so deeply in love with someone this fast. To love someone this much. So much it hurts. Never did I imagine that anybody can make me this happy and it scares me. He's my first love and with that, a fear lives within me that he may also be my first heartbreak. In some way, I kinda think that he's thinking about it too. Cause he's holding on to me so tightly. It's like he's holding on to me as if I'll disappear any second now.

"Love? Are you still with me?" He asked.

"Yeah. I was just thinking."

"Nako. Saan na naman napunta ang isip ng mahal ko?" He asked and pulled me even closer. I didn't even think that was possible. I am not complaining though.

Javi knows that I tend to get lost in my own head. All my life, I've lived to hide my worries and the emotion that comes with it. He is probably the first person that I can open up to about my pessimistic thoughts and not once did he invalidate my feelings.

It has been seven months since I met him at the school's elevator. He didn't make it difficult for me to fall for him in an instant. Giving him my contact details was a distraction at first because he never stopped messaging, he never stopped calling. Until I finally gave in and agreed to go out with him. He courted me, secretly because I wasn't ready for my parents to know, for four months until he finally proposed to make our relationship official. My answer... yes. I told him that he already got me ever since the day I met him but I only realized na I was...am in love with him on that day when he asked me. Ganoon lang. Ang bilis. Ang simple. Ang dali. Parang nawalan ng gravity ang mundo ko when he came into my life. Everything felt weightless. My worries don't consume me any longer. He made my life here easier. He almost feels like home.

Pero siyempre, with all this happiness, hindi naman talaga mawawala ang down side. One hurdle that we need to get over sooner or later is my parents. In all those times that we were together, hindi ko pa siya na introduce kala Mommy. Ayaw pa kasi ni Dad na magkaboyfriend ako. My parents aren't strict. Ni halos wala nga silang rules na binigay sa akin eh. Well except to never shall I speak to strangers — a rule that I had to follow back when I was five — and to not to have a boyfriend until I finish college. Both of which I disobeyed. They saw Javi once but only as a chameleon. He was blending in with my classmates when they went to my house for a project. He was so funny and he was getting along well with my peers.

On his side naman, he said that his Dad and his siblings know that he has a girlfriend. His sister is very interested in his Kuya Javi's personal life but his older brother and his dad understood that we're both going in our own pace and that he'll take me home once we're ready.

"It's getting late. I should get you home now."

"Five more minutes please."

"Wag na. Baka mahalata pa tayo. Pareho tayong malalagot nyan." He said. He's usually the one who asks for extensions and extra time.

"Hmmp! Fine." I gave him the sweetest smile I could possibly give and satisfaction covered my heart when he smiled back and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. And there it is. His eyes finally gave him away.

"Whatever happens tomorrow, whatever the outcome may be, I will never stop loving you and seeing you because Tin, my life would be hell without you."