In a Timely Manner

Lauryn's red eyes stared into mine. She looked mad with a furrowed brow, but deep in her eyes, I saw a deep pain, a fear. As suddenly as she appeared, Christina and the others turned around and took Lauryn with them. Lauryn was gone.

We all stood in the middle of the small clearing, shocked at what we had just seen. It's been years since we last seen Lauryn. We all kind of forgot about her, and that feeling of guilt wasn't feeling so nice.

Monica stood there in front of us, hands on her hips and a disappointed face.

"So are we just going to stand here, or are we going to do some fighting?" She said, annoyed.

"We can take you down easy peasy lemon squeezy!" Elesa yelled out.

Henry ran up to Monica to throw a punch, but Monica held up her hand and her palm glowed a pale lilac color. The ground underneath Henry shattered and he stumbled. He fell to his knees and looked up spitefully at her.

"Oh yeah, time powers. Got it," He said.

Jenny flew up above our heads and landed in front of us. She held up her finger and twirled it as a blue glow slowly got brighter and then she flicked it at Monica. She looked at it like a joke and just stood there. The glow hit her chest, bouncing her back a couple of feet and she fell onto one knee. She stood back up looking at Jenny dumbfounded.

"You'll have to try harder than that, unfortunately!" Monica announced.

Monica held up her hand once again, and the lilac glow appeared. A tree next to our group started growing extremely fast and a branch grew over our group, and it started to fall. I felt the rush of heat in the roots of my hair and into my head as I whipped my hands up towards the branch. The branch started creaking and Elesa, Melissa and some others had run out from under it. The branch started to fall after a loud crack and my hands emitted the hellfire powers as the branch burned to ashes. They rained down upon the group.

Nathan ran up to Monica, focusing dark energy in his hands and he aimed his hands at Monica. The darkness blast went shooting towards Monica. She looked at it and fake yawned and then she focused her energy on the ground in front of her. The ground shook and then cracked as a tree sprouted out of the ground and Nathan's power hit the tree, destroying it as it seemed to shatter into pieces.

"I got this!" Joe yelled and he ran towards Monica.

As he screamed at the top of his lungs, Monica rolled her eyes at him.

"You really are the annoying one," She commented.

Monica once again used her powers and the tree that Nathan had just destroyed formed back to normal, just as Joe was approaching the spot, so he smacked face-first into the tree.

Monica laughed as we all watched her carefully. I tensed up at her cruel laughter.

"You guys really are just a big joke. Why is Christina even worried about you guys?" Monica teased.

"Because we never lose hope!" Henry announced, and I grimaced.

As Henry started a hurried walk, Jenny, Nathan, Katherine, William, Andrew, Joe, and Elesa followed closely behind Henry. Monica grinned as they approached and they all powered up. They all shot but as they did, both of Monica's hands glowed as she spun around, and the glow seemed to travel into the ground.

"You guys can't stop me now!" She yelled.

The circular shape she created started growing as small trees grew over her, blocking the attack. The trees quickly regrew. Everyone stood back and watched as the trees had a slight glow, the same that resided in Monica's hands.