The 20 Gateways

August 24th, 2010  

Everyone had gathered in the RP's meeting hall. Since Jenny and Henry's wedding, Jenny's friend, Zoey had joined the RP's. I was excited for something to happen with our group . I was on the stage with Dr. Roberto as all the time long ago when we announced we found the 10 gateways. Dr. Roberto talked to me about a few things going on and then he went to the audience.

Thinking of Dr. Roberto, I recalled how he was frequently absent during the years between our last contact with Christina. He had generally disappeared, we assumed into his lab, until Jenny and Henry's wedding. He was also the only one that seemed completely unharmed from the incident at the wedding.

I took a deep breath and then I went through the curtain and up to the microphone.

"Hello everybody," I said, and everyone smiled and looked at me.

I looked out at all the RP's. Everyone was intent on listening to what I had to say, but everyone had a hint of worry on their face. I spotted Melissa among the seats. Shortly after dealing with Christina last time, we had "officially" gotten together, but it didn't last long. After three months, she called me out for not loving her enough and not putting the same amount she was into the relationship. I didn't know what to say to that and she broke up with me. I was pretty much over it, as it's been a little more than a year but still, I regretted everything that happened.

"As you know, we had an incident at Jenny and Henry's wedding, which speaking up, congratulations to them," I announced.

"We think Christina did this and tried making the river bring us away as it almost did, but we all made it out. I think it was a warning shot. I believe I saw Christina on the side of one of the cliffs. I'm pretty sure this means she caused the bridge to break, making us get swept away."

I thought back to Victor, as he hadn't been doing so well since that day. He had recovered that he was in the audience, but he became less pale and he seemed more upbeat and more human, I was worried that something happened.

I realized while thinking about this, I had gone silent and just stared at everyone. Melissa looked at me with worry, Jenny looked at me like she was waiting.

"So... What are we doing about her?" Henry asked, carrying the conversation.

"Oh.. Oh. Uh... We aren't completely sure as we have no way of finding her or knowing where she is," I answered.

"Then what action are we taking to make this possible?" Nathan asked.

"I don't know any actions as of yet..." I said.

"Then what are we doing here!?" Joe asked.

Everyone started questioning me and I didn't know what to do.

"We're going to look at the old gateways!" I exclaimed desperately.

Everyone looked at me curiously and just kind of agreed. And the next minute we were all going to the area where the 10 gateways were from our last adventure.

Dr. Roberto pulled me to the side, once we got there.

"Why are we here?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I ran out of ideas," I responded.

As we all walked into the area, Dr. Roberto's crew had long ago taken their equipment. The area was actually pretty bad with dead grass and three of the gateways had started crumbling. We learned after our adventure, that as we went through the worlds, one by one, the gateways activated. We had found the gateway to the Danville Peaks, and that's how we got back. 

Looking at the gateways, there was really nothing to do. We could go back to certain worlds, but why would we.

"So... what are we doing?" Nathan asked.

"I don't know," I said.

"We came here for no reason!?" Jenny yelled.

"Kind of..." I mumbled.

"A waste of time," Henry said.

As most of the RP's started walking back to their cars, Victor stumbled on a little hole in the ground.

"This place is so trashy," Victor said.

Victor stomped on the hole in rage, but in the process, the ground collapsed under him.

"Victor!" I yelled.

Everyone noticed Victor fell down the hole and ran to it. Victor yelled up that he was ok.

"You guys should come see this," He said.

We started dropping in. I saw a red and yellow light as I jumped down. I landed and stood up, seeing more gateways. If you faced the original set and then turned to the right, going underground is where these new gateways resided. I counted them, seeing there's another set of ten.

"What... is this?" Dr. Roberto asked.

"No clue..." Joe said, "Just kidding, they're gateways."

"Why are they here..." I asked to no one in particular.

"My scientist team said the original gateways seemed to have been on Swynia for decades. But building this underground room all that time ago must've been a challenge." Dr. Roberto commented.

"That's a really long time," Elesa said.

There was one gateway that was open, it had a red and yellow light. I thought I heard carnival music coming from it at intervals.

"Well, I guess I know where we're going next..." I said.

"I guess it's decided," Victor said. 

"I'll call my team..." Dr. Roberto said as he walked away and took out his phone and started a phone call.

We started climbing out and we realized our future has just been decided. Henry and Jenny were very ready to take down Christina because she cut their wedding day short. I was ready to get our group under control with a mission.