Galactic Sangfroid

I slowly got up as I looked around. I was on a metal floor and next to me was a big glass window. I stood up to look out the window. Outside the window was the Earth.

"I knew we'd go to the moon!" Joe exclaimed.

"Woah..." I breathed.

"It's beautiful," Jenny said.

"I think my theory still stands, this set of gateways is taking us to more civilized places," Melissa stated.

"I think I have to agree with Melissa," Dr. Roberto agreed.

"I think it's reasonable," I said.

We stood up, admiring the metal hallway we were in. It was curved and held double doors on both sides. One side of the hallway contained the big window we were looking out of. 

"Well, we should look around," Henry suggested.

"Yeah. How about half of us go one way, and the other half go through the other side of the hallway," I said.

"Sounds good," Jenny said.

I went along with Tony, Victor, William, Dr. Roberto, and Melissa on one side, while the others went the other way. We headed towards the doors, and as we gave them a slight push, the hinges easily turned and creaked. We headed through, admiring the technology and wires along the hallways.

William cautiously stayed in the back as we found a storeroom. There were many units of shelving and we slowly walked around the room. 

"Hey! I think I found something!" Dr. Roberto yelled across the room from a doorway. 

We all walked toward Dr. Roberto seeing a pilot's seat and a full control panel. No one was sitting in the seat but we noticed the switch for autopilot was on.

"Something about all this seems weirdly familiar," Dr. Roberto said.

We were about to question him when we heard loud footsteps and a door slamming a little way away.

"Someone's coming!" I shout sort of quietly.

"We gotta hide!" Melissa said.

We all got out of that room and hid in the storeroom. After a little while, a door on one side of the room gets slammed opened. I instantly recognize Dr. Jack Fairwell. 

"Who's there! I know the gateway opened here. Come out!!" He exclaimed across the entire room.

I was hiding in one corner of a rack with Melissa in my sight. I couldn't see anybody else. 

"I know you're on my station. I won't hesitate to blow this up too, leaving you all for dead."

I watch Melissa, she's hesitant of Jack but I know she wants to do something.

"Hm. Fine then, the others will do just fine." He said and ran out of the door and slams it closed.

After waiting for his footsteps to fade away, we all get up and meet back up.

"That's why this place is so familiar," Dr. Roberto stated. "Jack was designing a space station for a ton of studies and discoveries to take place back when we used to be lab partners. I never thought he would actually get it built and usable."

"And you know he's crazy when he's willing to explode the place just to kill us, " Tony said.

"That's for sure," Melissa said.

"We have to get to the others; they're in danger," I said.

We ran out the doors on the opposite side of the room from where Jack had exited through. We went through the original hallway we started in and continued on to a fork.