Chapter 19: The guy in the mask

*2 days later*
Norahs P.O.V

Shit, my everything. Every thing is so dark, wait why is everything so dark?! Open your eyes dumbass, they're closed.
  I open my eyes only to be blinded by the suns rays. After readjusting a terrible pain shoots through my shoulder, then I remembered. I was shot, I'm pregnant.
  I look down at my stomach to see a visible bump that's way bigger if I'm only 2 months. I look around the room and see nothing unordinary. When I looked out the window, my world crashed down.
  Alexandria was filled with walkers roaming around, and building were lit on fire are now burned to ash with little remains. Alexandria is gone, but where are the Alexandrians.
  I look at the table and notice my shirt, weapons, and a note. I lean over and grab all of the items. First slipping on my shirt which is now to tight and is showing the bump.(I put a picture up top to show how big she was, is, and will be)
  I get up off the bed having to hold my stomach as a reflex. I unhook myself from the machine and look around for water, which I find in a drawer. After drinking it, I put all my weapons in their place. I glance at the note. I walk over and pick it up and read the following:
Norah,
   I dont know when you will wake up. Its been 2 months since we found you. Your pregnant, we're having a baby. You've been in the coma for 2 months, don't worry we get you both healthy. Norah I have a bad feeling like something is going to happen to all of us. I told my dad about it and he said if anything were to happen, we have other communities to help. I dont mean it like that though, its stupid. I miss you everyday, I dont know when you'll read this but I do. I just want you to be ok and safe, carrying our child. I love you so much. When you wake up and read this and I'm able to see you again. I'm never letting you go, even if it means putting myself at risk. I love you with all my heart Norah, never forget that.
                                    Your love,
                                                   Carl

At this point in tears. I go to the bed and sob so loud I'll be shocked if the walkers don't hear. Like something read my mind, banging on the door was heard, and I dont care. Suddenly, they stop. I stop crying and listen closely to the door. I dont hear any movement. I draw my gun and point it at the door, ready for anything.
   The door slings open, making me jump also making me drop my gun. I quickly pick it up and point, where I'm also met by gunpoint. It looks to be a guy since the chest is flat and he has something in his trunk, in a mask. I hear him mumble something before he slowly puts his gun away I look at him like he's an idiot. He slowly brings his hands up to take off the mask. I never dropped the gun. He reveals himself and I practically loose feeling in all my limbs.
  "N-Nate," I stutter out.  "Norah," he slowly walks over to the bed, the door closing behind him. I stand up and stare at him, then pull him into a bone crushing hug and cry.
  "Norah I found you, its ok," he looks me in the face ,"what are you doing here, this place got over ran by walkers 2 days ago." Hold up, what. Just 2 days, I can still get to them.
  "Just 2 days, I can still find them," Nate looks at me confused. "Find who and your, your pregnant?"
  "Nate, dad lied to me he said your dead. He took me in and I became him, Carl and his family they treated me better then Negan ever did, and if this happened two days ago, I can still get to the Hilltop," I explain. Some tears manage to escape again but Nate wipes them away.
  "Hey hey, listen I just got you back and I'm never leaving you again. You're pregnant I mean god, you're not doing this alone. We'll go together," Nate orders.
  "Nate I missed you so much," I say hugging him. Also dodging whatever he had said before. He hugs me back and strokes my hair.
  "Hey hey its ok, I'm not leaving you anytime soon. We have to go before the walkers know where we are," Nate puts his hands on my shoulders. I reply with yeah and walk to the cabinets.
   I grab my bag that was in the corner and put the 2 bottles of water in there and granola bars in it also. I turn back to Nate and he smiles and nods. We walk out taking down a walker that had managed to slip in and walk outside. It looked even worse then when I looke do It the window.
   "I have a car outside the gate we can make it there and get the hell out finally," Nate says. Some of the walkers noticed us and were coming out way. We ran through most of them killing some as we go, but we managed to get out with no problems. Except the fact that my stomach was killing me the whole time. We run to the car, and for me I did a waddle run, but we made it.
  "We made it," I laugh. "Yeah so off to the hilltop?"
  "Yeah Rick most likely wouldve went there and since the cars are still here they wouldn't of traveled on foot to the Kingdom," I say making Nate nod. He starts the car and we drive to the Hilltop. I did not look back once.
  *At the hilltop*
Nate and I talked about every thing that has happened to us. He talked about how after dad sent him off he was alone and surviving. I told him EVERYTHING. From when he "died" to when I found Carl, to now.
   I see the Hilltop road, telling Nate to turn down it. A few bumpy moments later, which made my stomach turn, we arrived. Except tge gates were open. I went into panic and jumped out of the car, Nate following.
  With Nate close behind, I walked in to see walkers, hilltop walkers. I killed the ones that got near me and continued to look. Nate went into the house to check. I walk behind a building and see the back of a walker with long brown hair. It turns around and I have to force a scoff and a small sob to not come out. Enid starts to walk towards me and I sink my knife in her head.
  I meet up with Nate at the front again, both of us finding nothing. Where the hell are they? What happened to the Hilltop? We make our way back to the car and get in.
  "Well there was nothing there except remains, what now," Nate asks. They wouldn't of gone to the Kingdom I know that for sure. Ahh shit, I grip onto my stomach and let a small grunt escape. Nate face turns to worry.
  "Norah, what is it," he asks worridly. I relase my grip on my stomach and turn to him, "Nothing its fine. Lets find somewhere to stay, its getting dark out."
  Nate nods and we venture out to find somewhere to stay for the night,. After an hour of searching we finally find a small house off a road hidden by bushes. We get out, weapons at the ready and walk to the door. When Nate is about to walk in I stop him and shake my head.
  I knock on the door, and I hear footsteps. I wait a second but I hear no noises. I look at Nate then the door and narrow my eyes. With my weapon raised I knock on the door again, but more slowly. I hear a click  and the door opens. Aaron and Tara. I lower my weapon and throw my arms around them.
  "Aaron, Tara, you have no idea how happy I am to see you...wheres everyone else," I ask.
  "We got seperated from them, we went to the hilltop but it was destroyed. We fount this place this morning," Aaron explained. A little bit of hope disappeared as I gave a sad oh.
  "Who's he," Tara asks looking at Nate. "This is Nate, my brother," I introduce him. He looks a little uneasy but smiles.
  "Oh my god how could I not notice, Norah your pregnant, are you ok," Aaron asks pulling me inside, Nate following.
  "I'm fine I just really want to find the group," I say. Then I feel a pain the is all to powerful arupt from abdomen. I grip my stomach and let out a wail.
Nate, Tara, and Aaron rush by my side.
  "Norah, whats happening," Nate asks panic filling his voice. I cant even answer because my cries and screams are coming out. The pain is so unbearable I cant talk. Aaron leads me to the couch and lays me down. Tara grabs a backpack and pulls out a bunch of stuff.
  "Here take this," she hands me a pill and water, which I take. The pain seems to get worse by the second.
  "Tara, Maggie had the same thing happen to her. We dont have anything to help with the hilltop gone," Aaron points out.
  "Shit," Tara says. Nate is at my head stroking my hair whispering things that sound so far away.
  "Dad, he...help...go," I can't hear any responses because of the ringing in my ears. My eyelids get heavy, and soon I meet DARKNESS.

Hey guys how you like this plot so far. So I'm gonna go ahead and tell you this. This book at the rate its going and how long the chapters are with the details, this book won't have more then probably 30 chapters.

~Katelyn