Chapter 3: Nothing like bringing someone down

Norahs P.O.V

What the hell is wrong with him. It's the damn apocalypse and he wants a kid's arm off.. I gave Carl a sorry look what's tightening the belt... I'm not that mean, come on.
"That hurt," he just glares at me, "no," he replies coldly. "Well it should," I fire back. Stupid temper.
"You a lefty," Dad questions. Carl just shakes his head. I looked at Rick and he looked shocked, hell I am too. Carl gets pushed down and held with his arm out.
(Skipping some lines)
"Now Rick this is a messed up thing to ask but I'm going to need a clean size. Like a piece of salami, 45° nothing else," what the hell Dad!? Rick slowly picks up the axe and hold it, then starts crying.
"Rick you can do it yourself or I'm going to blow the kids brains out right here myself," dad says. Rick continues to stare and cry.
"Are you going to make me count!?" Dad semi yells causing me to jump. "Okay Rick you win I'm counting, 3...," He starts. "No!" Rick yells crying. "2...," Dad continues. "It can be me please," Rick begs.
"Dad just do it," Carl whispers. And there it goes... The good side of me.
"1!" Dad yells. Rick holds the axe above his head. "Stop!" I yell. Dad looks at me disappointed and Rick drop axe and continues to cry.
Dad kneels down by sobbing Rick. "You listen up, you provide for me and Norah," Rick nods, "you respect me and Norah, you answer to me and Nora and most importantly you belong to me and Norah"
"Alright boys let's load 'em up," Dad says gesturing to the redneck. Everyone gets in their vehicles except me and Dad. I was about to get in the truck when dad put me back.
"You're not going back with us darling. I need you to do something very important," dad says
"What is it," I ask. "You're going to stay in Alexandria with them for a while. Their group is isn't very cooperative so you're going to make sure they cooperate," damn it I knew I should have never said or did anything. I just nod.
"Good girl. I'll have Dwight drop off some stuff for you tomorrow and remember you are a savior. You kill if you most certainly have to... Now I have to go, I love you," Dad says giving me a hug.
"Love you too," he gets into the car and drives off.
I slowly turn around to everyone looking at me scared and sad. Carl's the first one to actually get up. I see some people huddle over reds spot while a couple gets together. Carl walks up to me and stops about 2 feet away.
"Why are you here," he asks deep and cold. "Ah, so you can speak, and I'm here because I'm joining all for a while," I tell him. For a second I thought I saw his face soften but if it did then it was for short second because it's back to mad. He moves close to me almost where our noses would touch and stared me in the eye.
"I don't know what your plan is but it's not going to work, lay a hand on any of my people and I will make sure you suffer and slow death," he whisper sending shivers down my body.
"You lay a hand on me and my dad will kill every single one of you, I'd watch yourself Grimes," I whispered in his ear just as coldly. He scoffed and walked away hugging his dad. Everyone seem to be occupied with reds spot no one cared about the other one... But I could care less.
A dark-skinned woman in a ragged sweater stood up and walked over to me.
"Sasha don't," Rick pleaded. She looked at me in the eye and slapped me across the face, hard. I was going to be the bigger person here and not do anything even though I could kill her right now. She walked back over to Red spotting while I held my face... That girl knows how to hit.
I see Carl smirk at me like he just beat his enemy in something, but oh how wrong he is. I find it pretty funny that just moments ago he was going to give me a hug now it's like if I move he's going to pull a gun on me.
After everyone just sat in silence including me, Rick was the first one to speak. He starts to walk over to me... And for the first time in forever... I'm scared. I stand up and let him approach me.
"Norah what are you doing here," he asked me trying to be calm. "Your son knows ask him," I say crossing my arms. He just sighs and comes closer to me.
"Norah I don't know what happened to you but you can't hurt us,." "Don't tell me what I can't do Rick... I remember everything about you before... If you want to know what happened and you should know you had part in it!" I yell. He looks shocked by what I said. He just sighs and walks away.
"We need to get Maggie to the hilltop," Rick announces. "I'll take her," the Asian dude and Sasha said together. Rick nods and says something I can't really hear because I'm pretty far away.
My dad only left the RV for them so those three are going to have to walk. Poor them. They all say goodbye and hug each other then they left.
A couple of people lift up Red's body and put him in a sheet then put him in the compartment on the side of the RV. They just lay flowers on the other dude. All of them start to get in the RV and I'm going to be the last one to be in so I just kicked dirt up until somebody grabs my arm and pulls me with them.
"Let me go asshole," I spat at Carl. He lets me go and pushes me into the RV. Rick goes to the front with some lady with dreadlocks while everyone else just sitting together. Carl pushes me to the back of the RV earning a nod from Rick. What is he doing? He continues to push me until we get to the back room with a small bed.
"Get comfy it's going to be a long ride," he says motioning to the bed. His whole right jaw is blue and purple from where I punched him earlier. I reached into my pocket and grab some medicine.
"Carl take this... It will relieve the pain," I say holding out the bag. He stares at it like it's shit. "I didn't poison it or put a bad drug in it I promise," I assure him. He takes it and mumbles something I didn't quite understand then left. I sat on the bed and got lost in my thoughts. This is going to be hard.

Hey there we go for that chapter. Its gonna take 1-2 day for the next chapter but it will be worth it.

~Katelyn