Chapter 6: No need to kill

Carl's P.O.V

"Carl," I turn around to find the source of the voice. "You know I'm not a bad person, just a person to made a bad mistake," the voice says again.
"Who's there? Show yourself," I say drawing my gun.
"There's no need to kill, Carl," I feel a tap on my shoulder and I'm met with 2 blue orbs.
"Put the gun away Carl," she says lowering the gun. "Don't fight it Carl its not worth it," she says backing up.
"Dont fight what, what do you mean," I say stepping towards her. She takes a step closer to where our noses could touch and looks me in the eye.
"You know what, you just haven't fount it yet," she never broke the contact between our eyes. She starts to lean in until our lips meet. It was a passionate kiss, slow and deep.
She broke the contact and started backing away. She smiles at me before disappearing.
"Wait, no," I look around frantically trying to find her but she was gone.
"Carl," nothing "Carl," nothing.
"Carl, wake up," I'm awoken by someone shaking me. "Carl, come on I need you," I open my eyes to see my dad shaking me.
He looks behind me making sure not to wake up Norah. Norah! I roll out of bed, but quietly enough so I dont wake her up. My dad shakes his head and walks out of the room.
I get up and go to the dresser, considering I'm only in gym shorts, and change into jeans, a grey shirt witha plaid button up over it, and put my boots on. I look at the bedside table and grab my hat and place it on my head. I look at Norah in the bed still in the spot she was last night. Her brown hair covering most of her face but enough face showing she's still asleep.
I look back to the table and grab my gun and knife. As I'm getting my gun, the clip falls out and lands on the ground. Shit, must of forgot to put it back in. I grab the clip and put it in but when I looked up I feel something go against my head. Well, Norahs up.
"You should be more quiet, or next time a bullet will be in your head," she says coldly but you can tell she's still tired.
"Sorry, didnt mean to wake the beast, you need the bueaty sleep," I chuckle.
She lowers the gun and looks me dead in the eye. If looks could kill, I wouldnt be here right now.
"What are you you doing up anyways," she yawns and gets off the bed going to her clothes in the corner of the room, gun with her.
"My dad needs me for something," I say putting my belt on.
"What you planning to kill me," I looked at her like shes and idiot. "I'm kidding, theres no need to kill and if there was I'd be the last one standing," she says sliding on her jeans.
Theres no need to kill. I keep repeating those words in my head.
"Carl, did you hear me," I snap back to reality and shake my head. "I said, turn around," she motions to her shirt and I realize what she is saying. I turn around away from her to let her change.
"Ok, you can look," I turn around and shes back in the same clothes she was in last night, weapons in the same place also.
"Why are you getting ready," I snap.
"Woah, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and I'm gonna explore a little, get to know everyone," she smiles.
"No one trusts you, your not gonna get far on your own," I shake my head.
"Watch me," she says walking to the door. "Come on, lets see what your dad needs," she says.
She opens the door waiting for me to go out first.
"Ladies first," I say. "Please I'm a bigger man then you'll ever be," she walks out heading to the stairs.
I check on Judith first making sure she's ok and walk to the stairs. I see Norah in the kitchen getting an apple.
"Eat up, come on," she tosses me an apple and walks towards the door.
We walk outside and start to go down the road.
"So what do you wanna talk about," she takes a bite of her apple.
"Nothing," I reply walking straight ahead.
"Carl, I know we go off on a bad foot but you have to know I'm not a bad person just a person whos made bad mistakes," she shruggs.
I stop walking and look at her. "Carl, are you ok," she stops walking as well.
"Um yeah I just was thinking," I start walking again.
"Carl!" I stop and look to see my dad calling me over. He notices Norah and shakes his head, like he's disappointed or was that an anger shake.
"Come on," I start walking towards the church. "What, ugh," Norah catches up to me. We walk in and everyone from Alexandria is in here.
I take a seat at the back with Norah, and I see someone looking at me, Enid. Shit. She shakes her head and looks back at the front.
"Ha look I already made someone jealous," Norah whispers. "Shut up," I snap.
"We lost 2 people yesterday, family, thats the hardest thing to say goodbye to. Even if we didnt know the other, he is still one of us, a survivor. Negan, he killed them out of cold blood, and took Daryl hostage. I'm not letting him take control, were going to win this for Daryl and Abraham," dad says.
I look over to Norah, and see that shes completely frozen, but brushes it off and shakes her head.
"His daughter, Norah, is here and theres nothing we can do about it. We have to get over it. You dont have to trust her, hell I don't. But dont hurt her or it comes onto all of us," dad says looking at me.
"You trust me," she whispers. "What," I look to her. "Do you trust me," she asks. I look back towards my dad and Norah sighs. Everyone jumps when we hear horns honking outside.
"Sorry everyone, thats for me. Its just a little visit, unless of course you dont trust me enough for me to walk outside on my own," Norah stands up and walks to the door.
Dad shakes his head and looks at me. I sigh and get up and follow Norah out.
"I was right, don't trust me so you watch every move I make," she says not looking back.
We get to the gate and open it up. "Come with my stuff," Norah asks. "All right here," the guy motions to the truck. Norah nods and the guy looks at me. He starts to walk towards me, and I start to get a flashback to when we were on our way to Terminus. Terminus, death, blood.
"Dwight, leave him alone, he's not doing anything wrong," Norah says coming back with 2 bags.
"What I can't have the hat," Dwight says.
"No," Norah and I say in unison. Dwight looks between us and shakes his head. "I'll be on my way, need me to tell your dad anything on the...progress," he says looking at Norah.
"Tell him everything is just fine I can do this on my own," she says. I look at her confused on why he said progress, for what.
"Ok then, I'll be on my way, have a nice stay and remember I'm here if you need me one call and I'm here," he says opening the door of the truck. He gets in and starts the truck. He waves to Norah and gives me a glare, which I return and drives off. I look at Norah.
"Progress huh, we some kind of test," I ask coldly.
"No my dad wants me to make you get on board so thats what I'm doing, but I hope you all are good at acting because I'm not doing shit," she starts walking. She actually siad the truth.
"So your going against your father," she stops and looks at me. "I'm going against his order not him. Its not worth fighting against," she says. I walk up to where she is standing and grab a bag out of her hand and start walking again. There's those words again.
"Did he hurt you," I ask. "Physically no mentally yeah. Always used my biggest mistake against me," I hear her catch up to me until she's right by me.
"What did you do," she looks at me and laughs. "Things I should not of done," she says.
"Yesterday, I said how why my...mom...isn't here, and you said you and me both, did you kill your mom. You stuttered when you got to that part in your backstory," I say regretting it already.
Norah tenses up but keeps walking. "Yeah I killed my mom but she was dead any ways. That bat just put her out of her misery. Every time I do something wrong Negan uses that against me saying she wouldn't be proud," I can practically feel the anger radiating off her.
"Then my brother dies so I'm left with a monster who wanted nothing else but for me to be gone. No one was there, no one. For 3 years I thought you were going to save me like you always did, but no I turned into a heartless bitch," she stops. Oh we're at the house already.
"You were always a bitch," she stares at me and I quickly shut up.
"You'll find out more about me then my dad will ever know in the worst way possible, you just have to did it out of me, like I said I dont crack easy," she steps in the house and goes up the stairs.
You know what, you just havent fount it yet. What do I have to find?
I go up the stairs into the room to see Norah unpacking her clothes in the dresser. She stops and looks at me.
"I'm not gonna hurt any of you, like your dad said, family is the hardest thing to say goodbye to. I know what that's like," she says. I look at her confused on why she brought this up.
"I know you dont trust me but I just got you back and in not ready to loose you again."

Chapter completed. Norahs ove rhere making Enid, who is not going to have a love relationship with Carl, jealous. Doesnt mean she cant like him. How about the feels at the end. Find out what happens next in the next chapter.

~Katelyn