Epilogue - Coming home into your arms

BROKEN ME

I patiently sat in the bench, trying so hard not to grab my blindfold and look around. This surprise is killing me and he knew it to well. After what felt like an eternity I heard footsteps coming on the bench I was seated.

"Thanks the heavens! I thought you were murdered or something." I exclaimed

"Good evening to you, love. Already shivering from impatience, I see." He mused while chuckling. I shiver not from the cold but from his enticing presence.

"Yeah, and you knew it to well. So..." I drag on

"So?" He teased back making me more exasperated

"Can you just take it off already?! I m dying here you know." He burst out laughing and whizzed out an okay.

I sighed in relief as the offending cloth was taken off from my face.

"Open your eyes." He whispered seductively. Slowly my eyes fluttered open. Rubbing my eyes to clear my vision, I stared ahead and couldn't stop a gasp from leaving my lips. Venice was breathtakingly beautiful. The bright lights and small waterways were purely magical like it was pulled from a fairytale book.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I breathed out.

"Indeed." Alex whispered, but when I glanced at him, he was staring directly at me. Unconsciously my eyes lowered to his lips and wondered what it would be like if I kissed him in this magical moment. For a fleeting moment I let my mind wonder on the thought but was cut short when I felt his lips to mine. Soft and intoxicating. A low moan escaped from my lips then I felt his tongue swiped on my closed lips, asking for entrance. I opened my mouth for him. He didn't waste a moment as he explored every curves and contours of my mouth. It was a magical moment where I got lost staring on his stormy orbs and it was the kind of lost that's exactly like being found. The time seemed to stop and the background blurred into nothingness. All I heard was the frantic beating of our hearts and the electricity that sparked from the contact of our skin. I shivered from this deliciously foreign sensation.

I closed my eyes and savored the sensation emitting a moan in the process. Then, he stopped and gently pulled away, resting his forehead to mine.

"I love you, Maria." He whispered between ragged breaths. I smiled lovingly at him and said

"I love you more, Alex." He smile at me and kissed my forehead before completely pulling away.

"Come, I'm going to show you something." He intertwined our hands and dragged me inside the hotel.

When we finally stopped on a room, I was suddenly whisked away from him. I looked at him questioningly but he just gave me a reassuring smile.

The staff inside my suite treated me like a queen. I was scrubbed raw and thoroughly primed. After what seems like an eternity I was already dressed like a queen. My make-up and hair was perfection and I can't help but smile at the team responsible for my beautiful transformation. A knock sounded and I looked at them one last time before opening the door.

Alex was standing outside and smile seductively at me causing my heart to thumped loudly against my chest. My mouth dried and my breathing hitched as my body buzzed with excitement.

"You look beautiful." Alex said in his smooth voice.

"Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." I said as I wrapped my fingers on his elbow.

We walked in silence with our hands linked together until we arrived in front of the infamous Carnival of Venice. He then pulled something from his coat pocket and presented it out to me. It was a silver and black half mask. He gesture for me to turn around as his fingers worked skillfully, securely tying the ribbons. When he's done I looked up at Alex and found unadulterated love and serenity in his eyes making my insides warm up. Squeezing my hands in his, Alex suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"Happy 7th monthsary, love." My heart suddenly throb painfully as an overwhelming feeling of melancholy swift over me. I felt sad and empty like I've forgotten something very important.

"You okay?" he asked worriedly

"Yeah, I'm just happy to be with you." My heart clenched painfully.

"Dance with me?" I nodded my head, smiling up at him.

Alex took hold of my hand again and lead me on the center of grinding bodies. Then, he suddenly twirled me around causing a bubble of laughter to erupt from my mouth. Our move synched with the rhythm of the song as it softly flowed, then, he spun me around again before tilting me backwards making me shrieked. When he pulled me up my eyes connected to his making the background blurred and the time to stop. Alex leaned forward crashing his lips to mine.

Only, the kiss was cut short before it even started.

Like a dream coming to an end, his body blurred before vanishing right before my eyes.

"Come with me, love. Come home to me." Someone whispered, someone familiar and close to my heart. It was Dave's voice I heard.

A traitorous lone tear left my eye as I tried to grasp the last thin thread of his voice in my mind. But it's already to late and I can't do anything to bring him back. Yet, I know this time it's different. Something's different. This time, I'm on the edge of falling and my only anchor was our beautiful moments together, carved in my heart.

Familiar voices of shouts and sobs echoed around me. Distorted faces suddenly flashed before my eyes. Yet, in the far distance someone was sweetly calling my name.

Urging me to let go.

To come home to him.

And I did.

Then, my body was free falling and I watched my life blurred pass me. Then, suddenly bright light flooded my vision, welcoming me into its warm embrace. I close my eyes.

When I open them I was on the arms of the man I love and lost a long time ago. Indeed, this is coming home to where I belong.

Dave

In his arms.

Forever.

•••The End•••

No matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it...

...some stories just doesn't have a happily ever after.