As the night rolled on, Emma joined the guy and his friends at their table, while I sat awkwardly at the bar.

   I took a quick glance around, sipping my water.

   Then, the doors slammed open, causing me to jump a little. I quickly looked over, my eyes widening.

   There she was, the most beautiful woman I'd ever laid eyes on.

   She scanned the room before making her way to the bar.

   I quickly looked down at my cup as she took the seat a few spaces away from me.

   "What'll it be, Jane?" Jimmy asked.

   "Beer and a shot of whiskey." She replied as she put her head in her hands.

   'Jane, what a pretty name for a pretty girl.' I thought.

   I hesitantly looked over in her direction, but she was already looking at me. I quickly looked back at my cup.

   After about an hour, Emma and her new friends walked over to me.

   "Hey, I'm going home with Ron here-"

   "Don." He corrected.

   She looked at him and waved him off. "Right, anyway, I'm going home with Don and I'm leaving you with my keys, can you drive yourself home?"

   I nodded and she set her keys in front of me. "I love you, be safe." She said as her and Don made their way out of the bar.

   I let out a long sigh as I grabbed the keys and stuffed them in my pocket.

   "Rough day?" I heard her voice next to me.

   I looked over and nodded nervously.

   "Sorry to eavesdrop." She said with an embarrassed smile.

   "It's fine." I replied.

   She reached her arm over to me. "Jane."

   "Blair." I replied, shaking it.

   "Mind if I join you?" She asked with a smile.

   "Uh... sure... no problem." I said nervously, moving my coat off of the seat next to me.

   She stood up, moving to the now empty seat. "So, what brings you here? You look a little to young to be drinking."

   "My friend, who just bailed on me. We were supposed to be celebrating our graduation but, she left me alone all night to hang out with that guy." I replied.

   She nodded as she took a sip of her beer. "Why aren't you with her, partying with those guys?"

   I knew why I wasn't hanging out with her and those guys. I wasn't into guys. But, should I tell her that? I decided it didn't matter.

   "Well, those guys weren't really my type... guys in general..." I finished, looking into my cup the whole time.

   She was silent for a second. "So... you like girls then?"

   I nodded, tapping my empty glass nervously.

   She was quiet again, this time for a couple minutes before asking, "Can I buy you another drink?"

   I looked over and smiled. "It's just water."

   She smiled back and got Jimmy's attention. "Another beer for me and one water for the beautiful young lady."

   "Right away." He replied.

   I could feel my cheeks flush as I looked away.

   Jimmy returned with Janes beer and my water. I thanked them as I took a sip.