Chapter 51

The lush scenery changed before me, morphing into a blob of green, the colors blending together into a blur

The lush scenery changed before me, morphing into a blob of green, the colors blending together into a blur. With my abdomen heaving and my throat burning, I leaned over and released everything that was lying dormant in my stomach. I was choking on my own bodily fluids, my throat closing shut and my breathing becoming extremely erratic. The acidic smell of my stomach acids burned my nostrils as I tried to slow my breath, making it even worse. Stumbling blindly, my hands desperately reached out for something solid, something to keep me grounded and to help stop the world from spinning.

A hand pressed against my back, making spin around and push it off in panic. I didn't know who it was. I couldn't see who it was. Their voice, their shouting was drowned out by my own blood rushing in my ears, the ringing soon followed. I leaned over and my gut retched again, my stomach trying to tear itself up. just me dry heaving. My heart constricted painfully, beating to quick to be healthy. Staying like that, kneeled over and dry heaving heavily, my eyesight merging from green to black. The ringing got louder and so did the voices. I felt useless, helpless, my mind running and trying to process everything that was happening.
They know.

Orion's POV
Rubbing my chest painfully, I knew there was something wrong. My eyes shifted between the members of my pack, searching for my heart but not being able to find it. Beginning to weave my body through the crowd, I asked random people if they had seen her. When the dull throbbing grew to a searing pain, I quickened my pace, turning my head in every directions possible. Clutching my burning heart, I called out to her, capturing everyone's attention with the concern that was laced in my voice

"Alpha?" A hesitant but frightful voice asked. "Are you alright?"

"No." I shook my head. "No, find Malia, she in danger." No one moved, everyone had their eyes solely centered on me. "Now!" I snapped. Watching as they all scrambled away, I tried to follow, only to have my knees buckle and result to me almost falling to the ground.

"Alpha!" The same voice shouted in panic, her arm coming to wrap around my waist in support. "You need medical attention immediately. What's wrong? What hurts?" Her words come out quickly and were almost slurred together in my mind.

"Not me." I panted. "Malia is, not me. She needs help, not me." I said, pulling away from her.

"But, Alpha," She protested. "Even though it's not you, the bond can cause stress between mates when one is injured. That can lead to other health problems-"

"I don't care!" I snapped, pushing her hands away from me, swaying uneasily. "She's not safe, I am. She's hurt, I am not. She will receive medical attention before I. Until then, go prepare the hospital wing. Get the doctors."

The series of events after that flowed into one another, unable to identify one from the other. My foot now jumped up and down, tapping on the floor impatiently. Frustratingly, I rubbed my face with my hands, letting out a loud sigh. Her cries could be heard from the medical room she was in down the hall, calling out to me in her time of need, my heart hurting with each sob.

She had a panic attack, the doctors had said, a pretty bad one at that. Her anxiety was spiked for some reason and the doctors were unable to calm her down. When she screamed as they approached her with a needle full of a tranquilizer, I refused to have them approach her anymore. I felt useless as her mate, not knowing how to help her or calm her down. The doctors refused to let me see her, which resulted in me breaking the chair I was sitting in. Pacing the room anxiously, tugging at my hair every once in a while, I waited for the doctors to come back to me with the results.

"Alpha?" A voice sounded from down the hall, my head snapping in their direction. The head doctor, clad in his white coat and stethoscope around his neck, walked towards me with a clip board in his hand.

"What's going on?" I demanded while shaking his hand in greeting.

"We are unable to calm her down-"

"Tell me something I don't know." I growled, efficiently cutting him off. "I can hear her crying from here!"

"Well, the thing is, we don't really know what's going on." He pulled on the collar of his shirt nervously. "We were wondering if you knew why she was acting like this."

"If I knew, " I growled again, louder this time. "I wouldn't be here, asking you, would I?"

"N-no, I-I suppose not." He stuttered, a bead of sweat forming on his forehead. "We heard somethings but we are unable to prove if they are correct or not."

"What do you mean, you can't prove it?"

"In my profession, we can only use facts to treat patients, not rumors or theories, Alpha."

"I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are talking about."

"I caught a few of my nurses in the break room whispering to each other and acting strangely. I asked them what was going on and they said their Luna was a murderer." I watched as his fingers tremble under my gaze. "They heard that she worked for Gordon and killed people for him for pleasure." He blushed. "That's why she wants her back."

"If my medical staff is just going to stand there and gossip while people are in here, needing help, I am going to have to replace my staff." I informed him and marched down the hall.

"A-Alpha! You aren't allowed back here yet!"

"It's not like you are helping her anyway." I stated calmly. "Next time, there won't be any more warnings." I referred back to my threat.

"Understood." He nodded.

I grasped the door knob, twisting it and pushing open the door slowly. It was dark, all of the lights had been turned off and the curtains were drawn closed. Her small, quivering form was cowering in the darkest corner, her head between her knees.

"Come on, Sweetheart." I spoke gently, trying not to scare her, and crouched down. "Let's go home."

OMG! I am sooooo excited for the next chapter! It is something you have all been waiting for and I can wait to write it and post it. I hope you guys will love it!