Fall ☁ Part 1

Jack hates September. School's back, Summer's over and... It's the month of his birthday.

He's not particularly happy about growing old.

"Hey, buddy!", Hiccup enters their room and picks up Toothless, who'd been waiting for him at the doorstep. "Did you miss me? Was there enough food for you?"

Toothless purred.

Hiccup had left a bunch of cat food, which left the room smelling of it, even with the window opened. He insisted the window should stay open so that Toothless could come and go as he pleased, being the street cat that he is. Lucky it didn't rain or anything. Although smelling of cat food, the room was in order. Well, as much as a room belonging to two adolescent boys could be.

"Hey," Jack says, absentmindedly. "How was the rest of your summer?"

Hiccup pours the cat some more food in his bowl, petting him on the head.

"Uneventful. Yours?"

"Okay, I guess." Jack shrugs.

"Have you decided where you're applying at the end of the year?"

There it is. The college question. That would be the sole most important subject of the year. And Jack couldn't be more lost when it came to it.

"I have no idea, dude", he replies, running a hand through his hair.

"It's okay", Hiccup takes his suitcase and starts unpacking, "we've got time to decide."

That was the problem. Time.

Jack wishes time would slow down a bit. Or even stand still.

- ☁ -

Merida wakes up to the sound of a pop song she absolutely hates.

She moans and covers her head with her pillow, trying to drown the sound, unsuccessfully. Suddenly, light hits her in the face as she realizes the window had been unceremoniously opened. She sits, throwing the pillow at the wall and groaning in frustration.

Seriously!? It was the second freaking day of school and her roommate was already making her crazy. How in the world would she stand another year of that?

"Drizella!!!", Merida screams.

"Oh, hey, Merida!", her roommate smiles as if nothing's wrong. "Good morning!"

Her smile is pure evil.

"Why would you turn on the music so loud and open the window when I was still sleeping? Have you absolutely no regard for anyone other than yourself?"

"Oh", she fakes surprise, "I didn't know you were still asleep. It's already 7 a.m.!"

"What did you think I was doing in bed? Of course I was asleep!" Merida knows she isn't thick. She plays dumb to get her way, always. But she knows exactly what she's doing.

"I'm so sorry... But, really, Merida, you should be awake by this time", she clicks her tong, disapproving of Merida's conduct.

"I have a free period!" Merida rises to her feet and locks herself in the bathroom, banging the door behind her.

Drizella's stuff occupies more than half of all the space over the sink. Over the whole bathroom, in fact. Her pink towels, pink fluffy slippers, pink perfumes and pink makeup.

Why so much pink?

No, it isn't the pink that gets under her skin. Rapunzel loves pink, lilac and pastel colors. Rapunzel is a girly girl and Merida loves her like a sister.