Spring ✿ Part 1

"Catch!"

The football flies through the air and lands on top of Hiccup's head.

"Ouch!"

He lifts his eyes from the book he'd been reading and stares at Jack with accusing eyes. Jack laughs as he approaches the tree under which Hiccup had been sitting.

"Sorry"

"You don't look sorry"

"Well, I did yell 'catch'..."

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"Nope. Got a free period", Jack picks the ball from the floor and throws it up in the air, maneuvering it around himself. "What about you?"

"Ditched it", Hiccup states, getting back to his book.

"Whaaaat? Mr Haddock ditching class? Is the world coming to an end, finally?"

Hiccup sights, looking back at a very amused, dare I say proud, Jack.

"It's just P.E."

"Oh, come on!" Jack whines, disappointed. "Coach Maui is cool"

"Coach Maui is equal in maturity to the kids in his freshman class."

They exchange a smile.

"I wouldn't say that. It would be an offense to some freshman...", Jack's voice trails off as he looks across the yard.

A girl with white braided hair crosses the lawn in a hurried pace toward the main building carrying a small purse and an official-looking folder.

"Who's that?"

Hiccup turns his head to glance at the girl and turns back to his book.

"I have no idea."

- ✿ -

Elsa knocks on the principal's office door.

She hears a faint "come in" and opens it, carefully. Dean Black looks back at her from his fancy leather chair, his dark eyes sending a chill down her spine. No wonder students call him The Boogeyman.

He indicates the chair in front of her with a bony hand. She sits, forcing herself to smile before his thin pale face.

"Miss Arendelle, welcome to Marble Hills Academy", he says coldly.

"Thank you very much for considering me for this position.", she tries to keep her voice from trembling. It's her first serious job and she doesn't want to mess it all up by appearing not-prepared.

"I hope you find the work here at Marble Hills to your liking." He lowers his voice as if talking to himself "At least I hope you stay longer than our last librarian..."

- ✿ -

"Excuse me...?"

Moana sticks her head through the door before opening it completely. The room was empty. Well, empty was not the right word for it.

Moana opens the door wide and carries her bags inside. She didn't have to guess which bed and desk were hers. The other side of the room, whomever it belonged to, was packed with stuff. Clothes, books, stuffed animals... Her new roommate was not a very organized girl, apparently, although she was certainly a very girly girl, from the amount of pink flowery things.

Moana closes the door and starts unpacking. As soon as she finishes her first suitcase, the door opens again and a blond girl comes rushing in. First, she looks surprised to see Moana there, but it only took a second for her to change into a huge smile.