eleven

i stepped out of my car, grabbing my backpack. i slammed the door behind me, tired from my lack of sleep last night.

my mom informed me that penelope's school was on a two week break, and she came to lakewood to visit us. we had spent the whole night talking. i filled her in about everything here while she told me about everything in texas.

across the parking lot, i saw brooke join up with noah and audrey. i ran over to them, trying to catch up to them. i managed to hear the last of brooke's comment.

"my down-low affair with jake fitzgerald is officially over." she said.
"what? since when?" noah asked, looking at brooke and then he looked at me.

"last night." brooke frowned.
"you okay?" audrey asked. noah walked next to me until he grabbed my sleeve, letting us fall back while audrey and brooke continued to walk.

"can we talk?" he asked.
"what is there to talk about?" i asked. he sighed and pulled me over to the side.
"aurora, i like you, okay? i like you a lot, but i just don't know if i'm ready for anything after what happened to riley." noah said.

i looked up at him and i grabbed his hand.
"noah, nothing's going to happen to me. or you. piper's dead, there's nothing that can stop us." i said. he looked down at our hands before looking back at me. he nodded slowly at my comment.

"you're right." he said and leaned forward. his lips pressed against mine, and i wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning into the kiss.

he pulled away, and looked away as his cheeks turned a light shade of red.
"if you're going to kiss me, at least walk me to class first." i smirked, tugging his hand as we headed to my first period.

|||

"so she's staying with you?" brooke asked as i put my books in my locker. i nodded.
"she's staying in will's old room. its kind of weird having someone in his room." i said.

i took out my ap chemistry book, the class that i had after lunch.
"brooke, you can go. i'll see you guys when i get to the table." i said, waving her off.

she left and i shut my locker. swiftly turning, i collided with a body, causing my book and binder to fall on the floor. the person's tablet fell on the ground.

"oh god, i'm sorry." i said as they squatted down to pick up their stuff as i picked up mine.
"maybe you could watch where you're going next time?" the guy questioned, causing me to scoff and look at him.

i recognized him from a couple of my classes. his name was stavo acosta, he was the son of the new sheriff.
"you ran into me too, you know." i responded, standing up with my book and binder in my hands.

"whatever, i have to go." he said, starting to walk past me.
"hey! don't walk away, what you did was rude. i said sorry, and you should apologize to me too." i said, grabbing a hold of his arm.

he turned and looked at me before shaking my hand off of his arm.
"i'm sorry." he said sarcastically, causing me to roll my eyes as he left.