six

trigger warning: mentions of blood

---

"its okay, i'm fine." noah said, and he helped audrey sit in the seats next to me.
"i'm fine too." audrey said, pulling off her jacket.

"oh my god, are you okay?" noah questioned, rushing over to me.
"yeah, there's just a bear trap on my foot! no big deal!" i responded sarcastically, feeling dizzy.

"kieran, help me get this off of her." noah said, as they both began to pry the trap off of my leg. i felt pressure release from my leg as the trap was off.

"oh god, that's a lot of blood!" noah freaked as more blood gushed from my leg.
"noah, take off your flannel!" kieran said, reaching out for noah's flannel.

noah did as told, and kieran wrapped the flannel around my leg. i felt my eyelids get heavy.
"hey, hey, hey, aurora, stay awake." noah said, and i felt his sweaty hand grab mine.

my eyes opened, only for me to become dizzy again.
i saw jake, carrying brooke, but i couldn't exactly hear what he was saying.

there was a ringing in my ears. suddenly, i felt noah's hand leave mine and jake's face was all i saw.
"rory? aurora, what happened? guys, stop standing there, someone call the ambulance!" jake yelled out before looking back at me.

his features became blurry as i closed my eyes again.
"rory, you can't die too. stay awake." jake said, holding my hand.

"jake, i'll be fine. i just need to take a nap." i mumbled, pressing my hand to his face.
as i closed my eyes, i heard jake call out my name.

««»»

i opened my eyes, feeling a tingly feeling in my nose. i looked next to me seeing jake, kieran, noah, and audrey.

jake, audrey, and kieran were sleeping.
"aurora, how are you feeling?" noah gasped, walking over to my bedside.

"okay, i guess." i said.
"we've been here for three days, switching between your room, emma's, and brooke's." noah said.

"are they okay?" i asked. noah nodded.
"yeah they're fine. we, uh, we thought that we lost you too, but the doctors said that you were fine." he responded.

i looked around the room.
"where are my parents?" i asked, wondering if they were contacted.
"they went to get food, they should be back soon." he reassured.

i reached for his hand, grabbing it.
"thank you, noah." i said, gripping his hand.
"for what? i didn't really do anything." he stated.

"you helped take off the trap, and your flannel helped alot. i owe you, noah." i said, holding his hand.
"i'm just looking out for a friend, y'know, you're apart of the group now." noah said.

i smiled, and for once in my life, i didn't feel like an outsider.