teaser (part two).

╔══════════════╗
𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑨𝑳
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚══════════════╝

╔═════╗
teaser.
soul
╚═════╝

          LUCY SAT UP WITH A DRY GASP, HER EYES SNAPPING OPEN. The sudden inhale made her bend over and violently cough. After a painful moment, she sat up, placing a hand on her chest to steady herself. Looking around at her environment, everything was...orange?

Was she still on Titan?

The sound of the humming silence made a chill run up her spine, making her physically shiver.

Her face contorted into confusion as she suddenly noticed herself sitting in a shallow lake of water. Lifting her hand, she was shocked to see her hand dry. Dipping her hand into the water once more, she pulled it to find it strangely dry, as if there was a thin barrier between her and the water.

Flashes of recent events made her gasp again—this time, more quiet. The breath in her throat seemed to go away as she suddenly choked on air before starting to hyperventilate.

The feeling on her second-skin suit seemed to be too tight and hot, making her feet constricted and claustrophobic in an open area. Lucy's eyes filled with tears before she shut them tightly, her chest twisting with pain as she started to get dizzy.

Lucy turned her body, sitting in her knees as she tried to control her breathing. Lucy shook her hand from side to side, trying to concentrate. She groaned in frustration before holding her hands on top of her head.

"Just focus on your breathing, Luce."

Peter stood in front of her as they were stationed at the top of a skyscraper, both sitting on the concrete rooftop. "Open your eyes. Look at me."

Lucy slowly opened her eyes, her fear-filled hazel eyes looking into his chocolate brown ones. He cracked a small smile, which brought a small sliver of relief to her. "Focus on my breathing."

Gently grabbing her hand, he placed it on his chest. Taking a deep breath in, Lucy felt it. She nodded hurriedly before forcing herself to do so.

Peter watched as she slowly and eventually calmed down, cheeks now slightly puffed and red. When Lucy met is eyes once more, he nodded. "Better?"

She nodded back, cracking a smile as her final tear rolled down her cheek. "Better."

Lucy's eyes slowly opened, and she realized she stopped hyperventilating. Wiping the wetness from her rosy cheeks, she stood, the water dripping off her suit.

She looked around the area, to see it completely bare and empty.

"Hello?"

'Hello?'
'Hello?'
'Hello?'

A chill ran down her spine as her own voice echoed back to her in the open, nothing else in sight. Folding her arms uncomfortably over her chest, she tried once more, grasping for any response.

"Hello?!"

Again, the same response.

Lucy hesitantly treaded forward, hoping to get somewhere to run into someone by some miracle.

After a few minutes of walking, and her seeming to get nowhere, a figure suddenly sat up from the water—them having a much more calmer reaction. Lucy's eyes widened as she watched silently, her muscles frozen.

Since their back was turned and the light was in front of them, she had to stare at only the outline of them.

When the figure finally turned to meet her eyes and her eyes adjusted, Lucy's face went pale.

THANOS   WILL   RETURN