nine.

╔══════════════╗
𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑭 𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑨𝑳
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚══════════════╝

╔══════╗
nine.
halfway
╚══════╝

I DO WHATEVER IT TAKES,
CAUSE I LOVE HOW IT FEELS
WHEN I BREAK THE CHAINS.

          THANOS LOOKED WITH LOURING EYES AS THE REST OF THE GUARDIANS DUCKED. He squinted before bending down and hauling the Collector up by his jacket. The Collector grunted before he was harshly thrown into a display case, the latch locking on the outside.

Without taking his eyes off the hallway, Thanos look a booming step forward.

"Okay," Peter panted, back pressed against a concrete pillar. He looked back and forth, Lexi on his left and Gamora on his right. "Lexi, I need you to go with Gamora and Mantis on the right—"

Gamora stood, rushing forward which prompted Lexi to following. Peter blinked before rolling his eyes. "I'm—the other right!"

Gamora hopped over a box, throwing down her sword with a yell. Thanos dodged the swing before yelling as Lexi stabbed the inside on his knee, making him kneel. Gamora swung her sword towards his neck, but missed. When Gamora tried to slash him again, Thanos grabbed her sword, snapping it in two.

Thanos grabbed Lexi by the neck, lifting her into the air. She screaming in pain, dropping her knife and holding tightly onto his fingers.

With the broken blade, Gamora stabbed Thanos in the neck. He gagged, dropping Lexi. Lexi landed on his side, crying out again. Gamora flicked open her red dagger, stabbing him in the heart.

Gamora reached down, dragging Lexi a few feet away as Thanos stumbled back.

Dark, thick liquid oozed between his fingers as Thanos blinked slowly at Gamora. Gamora stood, holding hand out towards him as her other raised a new knife in defence. "W..hy?"

Thanos dropped to his knees before falling back to the ground. "Why you? Daughter..."

Gamora slowly lowered her hands, tears quickly filling her eyes. As Thanos outstretched a hand at her, Gamora collapsed, crying.

Drax and Amber slowly woke up as Peter narrowed his eyes at the sight. "Well that was quick."

"Magnificent! Magnificent!" the Collector cheered from his case, clapping at them.

"Is that sadness I sense in you, daughter?"

Gamora gasped, lifting her head. She looked at Thanos' body, watching as it disintegrated in red.

"In my heart, I knew you still cared."

Lexi blinked through hazy eyes as everything slowly changed into fire. "W-What's happening?"

"No one ever knows for sure. Reality is often disappointing." Thanos suddenly emerged, walking up to the pair. "That is, it was. Now..." he lifted his gauntlet, showing three out of the six Stones snug in their sockets; Space, Power, and now Reality. "Reality can be whatever I want."

Gamora looked up at him through tears. "You knew I'd come..."

"I counted on it. There's something we need to discuss, little one."

"Don't touch my sister!" Lexi seethed, bending down to grab Gamora's broken sword blade. Thanos quickly grabbed her by her neck again, forcing her to stand in front of him. She screamed, shutting her eyes tightly.