Don't Kill the Gourmet!

Chapter 23

1st of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202

Cortana and Babette,

The Gourmet is located at the Nightgate Inn, meet Nazir and I there.

~Gabriella

Don't mess anything up! is written right after the word 'there.' Babette and I roll our eyes. Nazir obviously scribbled that on.

"If we want to get there before sunset, we better leave now," I tell her, and Babette runs into her room to pack whatever. I change into black and red dress armour, resembling the Dark Brotherhood garb, but it isn't noticeable to people who don't have a clue about our secret society. The crimson armour goes over my shoulders and wrists like the original uniform, but isn't very obvious of Dark Brotherhood clothes. The black dress goes slightly below my knees, and it isn't tight at all.

After Babette and I meet up at the main area, we pack extra food in a satchel to attach to Shadowmere's leather saddle.

Babette's hair is in a braid, and she's wearing a sleeveless red dress that reaches to her knees. On the inside of her dress, is a blue short-sleeved shirt. A belt hangs around her hip, and a satchel connects to the belt, dropping to her waist.

"Are we leaving or are you going to wait for Kaito to kiss you goodbye?" Babette crosses her arms, raising an eyebrow.

I insert my dagger into my scabbard, and scoff. "You're childish."

"Just admit that you like him, and everyone will be at peace!" Babette shrieks, throwing her hands in the air.

"Everyone?" I ask. "Since when was everyone involved in this?"

"Since you keep ogling over him. Seriously, we knew keeping you two at Solitude would mend your relationship," Babette replies, a smug look to her face. "Really, it's so obvious. He's like a dog; craving your attention, but always protecting you."

"He doesn't always protect me," I seethe, but she rolls her eyes.

"We all know you two have a thing. He kissed you, now it's your turn to kiss him! Dear, remember forcing Astrid and Arnbjorn together?"

I certainly do. Years ago, Arnbjorn was recruited into the Dark Brotherhood. Astrid always had a crush on him, and I remember he made her cry one day. Babette stopped me from kicking his ass, and after we spied on them from behind the forging set, he felt guilty for making her cry. And we all know that Arn will never apologise (only if it's sarcasm), to anyone, girl or boy.

When he witnessed one of Astrid's contracts, he immediately fell in love with her. So much blood.

But in the end we forced them together, and pretty much planned their wedding without notifying them.

What? They didn't have a problem, since Arn basically proposed to her years after, so actually planning a surprise wedding was not such a bad idea. I mean, they were gonna get married, right?

Arnbjorn still hates me for accidentally putting blue decorations.

Okay, maybe it wasn't an accident.

I might of put blue flowers, force him in a blue suit, and made blue wedding rings.

Everyone admitted it, his reaction was a bit funny. He even yelled at me for having blue eyes.

"Yes, but..." I murmur, actually thinking of a good retort.

"But? Sister, what are your feelings for Kaito?" she suddenly asks me, and I widen my eyes.