Expanding the Brotherhood

Chapter 6

22nd of Last Seed, 4E 201

Astrid slips off her gloves, tossing them on the table as Gabriella and I wait for her news.

"How'd it go?" I ask, eager to hear the update.

"He chose to kill all three. Isn't that interesting? He might become a fine assassin," she replies, stretching her arms. "I invited him to join. Since he's all the way in Solitude, it might take him hours, or even days knowing there are talks of dragons nowadays."

"Doesn't that mean the new Keeper will be arriving?" Gabriella leans against the table.

Astrid shakes her head. "I'm afraid he'll be entering in a couple more days. I received news from a courier that his wheel broke down by Whiterun. Why don't you two prepare for Kaito once he enters the sanctuary?"

I nod, following in Gabriella's footsteps. Astrid and Gabriella didn't return until morning, considering the long path to Solitude and back.

"Babette, there will be a new member added to the Brotherhood. Would you like to prepare with us?" Gabriella asks the child, who is finished filling a health potion bottle.

"Really? Can I style Cortana's hair and do your makeup?" she jumps from her spot, giggling. I nod, stepping towards my own room.

"I'll heat up the pond," Gabriella says, running towards the lilliputian waterfall. Babette and I strip from our clothing, setting them nicely onto the bed.

"Dark Brotherhood robes or regular armour?" I hold up the types of clothing. She points at the shrouded armour and folds them onto the covers. We wrap ourselves in a flannel Veezara made for all of us long ago. After Gabriella heats up the water with flames, she paces right back into my room and sets her robes onto a chair.

"Ready?"

"Let's go. I have the soap," I say, walking towards the pond. We settle ourselves in the steaming water, sighing heavily.

Astrid appears beside us, a flannel covering her figure. "May I join?"

"Water's warm," Gabriella waves her hand in the water. Astrid dips her feet in, placing her flannel to the side where ours are. "We also have an extra wash rag."

"What kind of soap?"

"Lavender," Babette giggles, clapping her hands together. "Next time I'll mix in Blue Mountain Flower with Troll fat."

"What kind of troll did you mix in with the lavender?"

"I don't know, Nazir was the one who fought the troll! I'm pretty sure it was some old mountain beast."

"Anyway, the new member might be here during nightfall. It depends how fast he travels here," Astrid announces, toying with her blonde hair that is released from braids. Gabriella washes soap out of her hair that falls only below her ears.

I scrub my arms and legs with the wash rag, soaking my hair into the water. It is no longer in waves, and is left straight. "Where are the boys?"

"Out on contracts. They're all close by, so they'll be here soon to prepare," Gabriella answers, splashing her face.

Astrid smiles, applying more soap to her skin. "That's good. We'll have to look as presentable as we can. Since the boys didn't share on Fridas, they'll tell their story at dusk."

Babette smiles, stroking her hair. "I do love it when there are visitors and parties. We dress so fancy and this is only a rare occasion when I can do a makeover!"