Memory

Chapter 16

A/N: Having a major writer's block. You may criticise to your heart's content, and I will not reply back to comments describing how horrible my writing is at the moment.

────────────────────────

4th of Evening Star, 4E 201

More boring days. I cannot wait for the wedding. The only reason we're staying in Solitude is because when traveling to the wedding from Falkreath, there might be a malfunction. Shadowmere refuses to travel at times, and wagons take too long. So, instead of going here three days early, we decide to get here twenty days beforehand. I didn't agree to it, but Gabriella let me be in charge of everything - including bossing around the Dovahkiin.

And apparently... the wedding was postponed for another three months.

Kill me now.

So, since today, I've been commanding him to give me sweetrolls, call me "Mistress" (I told him to stop since he took advantage of the name)

"Would you like to punish me, my Mistress?" he would say, and that's when the name eventually stopped.

But today, he decides to be extra annoying and yell "Cute little elf, cute little elf," over and over, so I had to chase him around Solitude.

I had to chase him like a child, even passed the Castle Dour; passed the graveyard; passed the Blue Palace; passed everyone's homes; and finally caught up with him once we passed the Bard's College. We were everywhere, including circling around the marketplace. We angered most people when it transformed into a rock-throwing fight.

"Shut up, perverted idiot!"

"Hey, you found a new nickname for me."

I covered a rock with flames and threw it at his face, even when I knew he would dodge it. I was so angry, I even covered pebbles in ice and shot it like bullets.

So, we eventually walked in Proudspire Manor, receiving a confused look from Kaito's Housecarl. Patches of dirt lay on our knees and elbows, with pebble bruises spotting our cheeks, and our hair was tangled and messy.

"Playing in the-?"

"No, we were not throwing rocks nor gathering piles of dirt and dumping it on each other. It was a mere battle that I won," I told her nicely, pretending to sheath my dagger. Jordis just laughed, actually believing my lie for a moment.

"Yeah, but I let her win," Kaito decided to join. "She was struggling, so I decided to be nice."

Jordis laughed again, handing a sweetroll to me and a crostata to Kaito. "I'll prepare a bath for you two."

"Let's bath together."

"No."

"Aw."

I guess Kaito's secret amusement is pissing me off.

Now, I am sitting in the bath, scrubbing the dirt off my arms and legs with a wash rag. Nothing interesting is going on thus far.

I sigh. How is the Dark Brotherhood doing?

Three knocks on the door catch my attention. "Lady Cortana, you have a letter from a courier in Whiterun. For your eyes only," Jordis tells me.

I hurry out of the bath and cover myself with a robe made of the fabric from a flannel. Picking up the letter, I unfold it neatly.

Dear Loser,

Just kidding, I thought you'd be bored waiting in Solitude. The Dark Brotherhood just received three contracts in a span of two days. I am currently in Whiterun, a little boy wants a girl named Braith dead. He explained she kept bullying him and stole his taffy. I couldn't stop laughing after I left. Children these days... anyway, how are you? Since you're stuck there with Kaito, Babette and I wanted to make your contract a little more... interesting.