Unbound

❀  A B O U T  ❀
〈Update 11/11/15〉

Thank you for reading 'Hello? Hell..
o?', I've recently changed the title to the Nightshade Assassin. The previous cover photo is attached and I drew it on March 23, 2014. I don't particularly remember when I made this story, but I assume it was in late 2013/early 2014. (Shoutout to Raven_Black_Dragon for choosing the title!)

I should note that I was a major Halo and Anime weeb at the age I wrote this, so expect the main protagonist's name to be Cortana (*cringe*) and some anime references. I don't really want to edit this story or change the names because I enjoy seeing how much I've improved since I was 14 years old — I'm proud of my younger self and I prefer not to change anything. I hope you tolerate the errors!

I'd like to thank everyone who voted and commented! Thank you for sticking with me back when I made this book; like when I dropped my phone in water and couldn't write for months, and subsequent to that my phone was stolen so completing this was sort of strenuous.

For new readers, enjoy the story and don't forget to provide feedback, I love reading comments!

ALSO: Please stop stealing ideas from this story and writing it in your own fanfiction! It's super annoying, and it's even embarrassing when I have to confront people about it. So please, don't even try.

T H E   N I G H T S H A D E   A S S A S S I N

Chapter 1

17th of Last Seed, 4E 201

I shift uncomfortably as the wagon nearly throws me off my seat. My wrists are tightly bound together with two men in front, two to the right beside me, and an Imperial to the left, steering the wagon so we're squished together. Great. How am I supposed to explain to Astrid that on my way to the sanctuary, Imperials ambushed me?

Letting a muffled groan of annoyance escape my parted lips, the man beside me suddenly wakes. I almost laughed at his astonishment as he scanned his surroundings, breathing in a quick pace. I could easily escape through these bonds, but the group of soldiers will fail my escape.

"Hey, you. You're finally awake," the blond Nord faces himself towards the confused man. "You were trying to cross the border, right?"

He replies with a shake to his head as I watch them cautiously. He's so quiet. "Hello?" I murmur to him, trying to gain his attention to not be so quiet. "Hell...oooo?" He must've gotten hit in the head pretty hard. What an idiot.

The blond one continues to speak. "Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there." He motioned towards the filthy, raven haired Nord beside him.

"Damn you Stormcloaks! Skyrim was fine until you came along!" the thief cries. "Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I could have stolen that horse and been halfway to Hammerfell."

I sigh at Lokir, who is obviously in a panic state. "Honestly, did you really think you would get away, stealing a horse?" I ask, blowing my pastel lilac curls out of my face.