Chapter Eight : 134340

I keep some distance between us as we walk through Namsan Park, trying to make it look like we're not together in case someone happens to pass by. It's a long way back to where his car is parked, and I'm trying not to show how tired I am quickly becoming.

Yoongi is staring down at his phone as he walks, scrolling idly through text messages without bothering to reply to any of them. His lips sometimes twitch into faint smiles as he reads, at other times they form unmistakable scowls.

A few people walk by us as we move into the more populated areas of the park, but they're lost in their own worlds and don't pay either of us any attention. Yoongi doesn't even have to pull up his face mask, but as we get closer to the main park area, he does so anyway, as a precaution.

Maybe it's the natural way Yoongi is walking that keeps people from noticing who he is. He acts like he belongs in this park, just like anybody else, and because of his demeanor, no one stops to give him a second glance. One of the people walking by gives me a quick look, probably because of the annoying sound of the cane, but he only smiles at me briefly, before looking down at the phone he is holding.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asks me after a few more minutes of walking. He's still looking at his cell phone, but I don't think he's really paying attention to it anymore. It's just for show.

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired," I say. That's not really a lie, but I'm beginning to think that I might have to take some of the painkillers my doctor prescribed. I don't like them. They always make me feel weak and weird, but the combination of the jet lag and all of the activity I've done over the past few days is starting to take its toll on me.

Yoongi glances over at me, then he slows his pace down a fraction. The gap between us closes by a few inches.

"Don't worry, we're almost to my car," he says, smiling reassuringly at me.

I smile back at him, but I can feel how sweaty my neck is becoming. I can't wait to sit back down.

It's still some time before we reach his car. By the time we get there, I feel like I might pass out. I somehow manage to keep this from showing on my face, though.

Yoongi takes out his car keys and presses a button to unlock the doors, opening the passenger door before I have a chance to. He pulls it all the way open for me.

"You might have to adjust the seat a bit," he says as I climb in gratefully. "Namjoon was the last person in my car."

A week ago, I would've freaked out at the idea of sitting in the same spot Kim Namjoon's body had once occupied, but I'm so worn out, I sit down unceremoniously and dump my belongings in the space where my feet are resting. I'm too tired to worry about how far back the seat is positioned.

Yoongi's lips quirk into a small smile as he closes the passenger door for me. The smile is still on his face as he walks over to the driver's side.

I turn my head and watch him as he gets into the car. Yoongi's legs are slender and attractive; I find myself staring at them before turning my attention to his fingers as he starts up the engine. I watch as he takes off his baseball cap and tosses it onto the back seat. His golden brown hair is disheveled, and lacks volume from being stuffed beneath the cap.

I can't help giggling at the way that he looks. Yoongi's eyes narrow as he frowns at me.

"What are you laughing at?" he grumbles indignantly. He's already trying to comb his hair back into place with his fingers, looking at his reflection in the mirror with a grimace on his face. His disgruntled expression only makes me laugh even more.

"Oh, nothing," I say, smiling.

He scowls at me in an exaggerated manner, like he did at the fansign. Then he picks up an unopened bottle of water that was sitting in the coffee cup holder that separates our seats.