Chapter One : 2!3!

I make certain I arrive at the venue early enough so I can get my seat number. Even though I arrive hours before the event, there's already a lot of people waiting in line. This fansign has assigned seating and isn't first come, first served, however, so arriving early really doesn't give anyone an advantage over another person.

I'm so nervous about the fansign, I find myself checking repeatedly to make sure I have everything I need with me. Paperwork, identification, photo album, drawing.

I've researched about what to expect at the fansign, so I knew in advance to mark each photo that I want the members to sign. I look at my album with the bright sticky notes poking out of it, each with a member's name written carefully in Hangul. My heart beats faster when I see the sticky note with "SUGA" written on it.

On the inside of the album, next to my favorite picture of each member, I have added sticky notes that ask each of them a question. It was really difficult for me to figure out what I wanted to ask them. I have no idea what kinds of questions other fans have asked them before, and I don't want to risk asking questions they've answered a million times already.

So instead I opted to ask each of them to recommend a place I should go to while I'm staying in Seoul. It may not be the most creative question, but I've barely done any sightseeing since I arrived in the country, and I don't like the idea of asking any of them personal questions. Besides, I'm curious to know what their answers will be. It would be nice to go somewhere that is recommended by members of the group.

Somehow I managed to fall asleep last night, but I don't usually sleep well when I'm about to go somewhere important, regardless of whether it's a good occasion or a bad one. I found myself waking up almost every single hour, convinced I had somehow overslept and missed the fansign.

When I finally got up in the morning, my leg was hurting so much, I was worried I would have to skip the event. But now that I'm standing outside of the venue, the excitement I'm feeling is allowing me to ignore how tender my leg still feels.

I originally considered bringing along the cane my parents had purchased for me, but I can't stand using it. I try to avoid having to rely on it as much as possible. Besides, the idea of using it in front of Yoongi is mortifying. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Sometimes I'm barely able to remember what had happened to me, other times it's the only thing I can think about. I don't know why I'm thinking about it right now. I don't want to have unpleasant thoughts, not today, when I am this close to meeting the group.

The line is now completely filled with the people who won spots at the fansign. After another twenty minutes of waiting, the process of getting our seat numbers begins. There's still some time left before the fansign starts, but I'm relieved to finally have my paperwork checked and my seat number assigned.

There's a security checkpoint, which makes me glad I left the cane at home. Before I know it, we're allowed to enter the room where the fansign will take place.

There is a large screen set up at the back of the room, above the stage where the group will be seated, with the music video for "Boy With Luv" playing at a low volume on a constant loop. Like the fansigns I've seen glimpses of on YouTube, there's a long table with a white cloth stretched from one end to the other. However, this time there are little name plates in front of each seat, indicating where each member of the group will be seated.

I'm in the middle row, seated towards the right end of the table. It's hard to see from where I'm sitting where Min Yoongi's seat is, but I'm okay with being in the middle of the room. If I was in the first row of seats, the signing would end too quickly for me, and I would have to sit and watch as the rest of the rows take their turns. But if I had to go last, I'd be a nervous wreck by the time I finally made my way onto the stage. In my opinion, it's better to be safely in the middle.