Part 13

When he heard this, he took a couple of steps back and composed himself.

" Of course I can."

You crossed your arms over your chest and raised your eyebrow at this.

Seeing that you were obviously not convinced, he snapped and punched a tree, making its roots ripp from the ground as it fell.

Suddenly the ground began to shake beneath your feet. Rocks from a nearby mountain begun to scramble themselves into a very large looking creature with a huge boulder for its head.

After a couple of seconds, the monster let out a gut retching roar which made the young monk run and hide behind you.

The beast then turned its attention to the great sage and begun to taunt him.

"Sun WuKong! How dear you, I, the Mountain Lord, was created to make sure you would not escape." It growled

Said monkey only chuffed at this.

"Puny God, who do you think you are? Since you know who I am, why don't you just get out of here!!"

All you could do in this situation was keep an eye on them while you slowly shifted towards a small cluster of trees so that Lauer and the baby would be out of the way while you were fighting. ( It was an inevitable fight you just needed them safe)

"Sun WuKong, the seal you wear still works." It laughed as it pointed to the chain on Sun WuKong wrist. " Right now, you are just a pathetic monkey with a sidekick." It then pointed to you.

At seeing this, you gritted your teeth and glanced at the monkey. Sun WuKong saw you do this and, with his hand, gave you a signal. You knew that it meant to follow his lead... so you did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading  AkiraL3e, ForgottenAngelGirl and usurname_taken