Part 5

You didn't sleep that night, you kept hearing strange noises all the time. You couldn't risk the lives of 2 children for an hour of sleep. That was not something you would do.

As soon as you saw the sunrise you woke up Liuer and the baby.

"Ok, Lauer its time to get up." you said in a sweet voice.

With a grumble, he said "Morning".

"Morning" you replied as you placed the baby girl into the carrying basket and handed it to a now wide awake Lauer.

"So watts the plan? what are we going to do now?" he asked while the baby was biting the basket with her 2 front teeth.

With a quick scan of the area once again you lead the children out of the cave and to the bottom of a steep mountain that had a huge peach tree on top.

You pointed up to the tree and said " Breakfast. You ready to climb?"

small skip to the top of the mountain

When the 2 of you got to the top of the mountain, Lauer collapsed into a fit of panting.

" You could have taken it easy on me you know. I am carrying a baby on my back" Liuer wheezed

" What you said you wanted to race and you know how competitive I am" you giggled as you helped him sit up and leant him against the trunk of the tree.

You then turned to see loads of what looked like guinea pigs surrounding you with peaches in their tiny paws.

" Oh thank you, God of Land," you said as you took a palm-full of peaches from the tiny mammals.

You got multiple squeaks in return.  

As you placed peach after peach into the carrying basket, you heard a rustling coming from a nearby bush.  Luckily you saw a hole in which the 2 of you could crawl through to escape.

"Lauer, climb up the tree now!" you commanded as a troll suddenly leapt from the bush and tried to climb after the 3 of you.

After a squeeze through some rocks you, Lauer and the baby ended up in a large cave.