Chapter 14

What should I name this feeling that I am going through now?

I wanted to scream and jump around happily but at the same time I am scared and lost.

Would it be stupid if I say that I am crying?

Yes! I am crying.....tears are brimming in my eyes and I am having a hard time controlling them.

If anyone sees a top businessmen  crying in a conference room suddenly out of nowhere they would be shocked and also they might think I am insane.

But it's hard to keep control on my emotions seeing my life in front of me after whole two years and I don't know what to do now.

When I saw her I just stood rooted in my place....until my secretary Priya came to me and snapped out of my trance to remind me about the meeting.

I nodded and took a seat looking at Piyu.

But she didn't see me....she was busy preparing for the presentation.

She is in her formal clothes that is a shirt, a trouser and blazer. She looked professional thoroughly. I have never seen her like this in her formal attire.....she has changed.

I don't know about her and her life now but her physical appearance has changed a lot.

I observed that she is frowning and thinking about something like she is getting distracted.

Soon lights were off and the presentation of AJ's started.

Piyu started giving her presentation about the company and I sat there  awestruck seeing her presentation, her skills, her confidence, her talent, her ideas, her voice..........

And her beauty also of course!

It's not like she is not like that before but now she is more confident, more determined, more intimidating and also more.....beautiful.

I just sat there staring at her in the dark. I missed her so much. I just want to hug her tight and apologize.

But I know that is not going to be easy.
I don't even know how she will react when she sees me. I don't even know if she remembers me or not also.

Ofcourse she will remember you, you are her best friend.

My mind said.

No, you were her Best friend..... keyword 'were'.

My inner voice.....my conscience mocked me.

I sighed thinking how to face her.

My reverie of thoughts came to an end when I heard a loud applaud.

I looked around the room and saw that their presentation is over and now it's our turn.

I sighed at my secretary to give the files and my laptop.

" So Mr. Khanna are you ready to represent your company?"

I heard someone asked me in the dark maybe their manager.

" Yeah." I simply said.

I looked at Piyu who sat opposite of me thinking deeply in a daze.

Maybe she recognized my voice.........

I shook my head to get rid off the thoughts and concentrated on my presentation.

I connected my laptop to the monitor and started my presentation.

As soon as my presentation is over, I heard claps. I just smiled and looked at Piyu.

She just sat there blankly staring at the wall.