Epilogue

Parking up outside the imposingly grey building, Jack jumped out of his car and rushed towards the entrance, ignoring the few bystanders that regarded him in interest once they caught wind of his impatient scent.

He grunted into the phone that was next to his ear, antsy to end the call. "Listen, I've got to go. I'll call you later."

The alpha on the other end of the line sounded unimpressed as usual. 

"Don't bother. I'll see you when you get back. Hopefully by then you would have knotted out enough aggression to actually hold a proper conversation."

"Ha, ha." Jack deadpanned. "You're so incredibly funny, Eliot."

"Actually, I take it back." Eliot said. "Just tell your mate she needs to pull out the stick that lodged itself up your arse."

Jack hung up.

Shoving his phone into his pocket and smoothing out his hair, he followed the familiar path up the stairs of the building and through the winding hallway until he reached the room he was looking for.

The air was dense with a combination of scents, some of which Jack didn't recognise- scents from people which he had never met and foods he had never eaten. 

There were also some Jack did recognise even though he wished that he didn't.

So many people passed through the building; alphas, betas and omegas from different cultures and walks of life: people who didn't wash their hands after they used the bathroom, people who dabbled in recreational drugs, people with so many different fluctuating emotions and hormone levels that it had Jack wondering who on earth willingly chose to live in dorms.

He knocked on the dorm room door, tapping his foot against the floor until the door cracked open and a head popped out.

"Oh, hello there."

Jack's face darkened and his hands twitched at his side however he managed to school his tone into something polite. "Hello, Neema."

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"

Jack took a step forward, eyes flashing. The politeness didn't last too long.

"Are you letting me in or what?"

"Ooh, somebody's feeling a little bite-y." Neema puckered her lips, flicking her black fringe from her eyes. "Does somebody need a kissy-wissy?"

Jack snarled at the beta.

There was commotion from behind the door and then Neema was being yanked backwards, her face a picture of surprise as she was pulled from her position.

"Leave my poor mate alone." Summer glanced up at Jack, licking her lips. "We haven't seen each other in a while. You know it gets."

"Can't a girl have some fun?" Neema scoffed fondly, pulling at Summer's arm until the girl let go of her. "It's the same damn thing every time he visits."

Neema's words went unacknowledged as Summer pounced on Jack, winding her arms around his neck as his tongue slid into her mouth. 

He pushed her against the door, hands coming to prop under her thighs so that she could loop her foot around the back of his leg. Summer made a sound and pressed herself closer, holding him like she thought she could merge into his body. 

They kissed until the irritation of being apart from each other faded away and was replaced with vibrant longing.

Jack moved so that he could mouth at the mark on her neck. It buzzed under his tongue, coursing with mate energy.