Eight

It's been a while since the last update but I'm back to writing 'Johnson'! This book is probably going to be quite short.

That night he dreamt about her.

She was standing in his house, barefoot, cupping a mug of tea in her hands as she gazed up at him. Her blonde hair was like a sort of halo around her head, eyes molten as her tongue dipped out of her mouth to wet the corner of her lips.

"Alpha."

And her voice. The breathless sound was like a match, striking against his heart and setting him alight.

He reached out to touch her, arms feeling like jelly in the wind, fingertips just short of reaching her skin.

Her body was bathed in gold, expression open and willing.

His.

He tried to say her name but words wouldn't come out.

Her lips parted and she smiled up at him, teeth shining a blinding white which scorched his corneas and forced him to look away.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

He blinked, and when he dared take another glance, she was gone.

Real sunlight filtered through his room and into his eyes, eliciting an unhappy groan as his senses returned to him.

Rolling over, he forced himself out of bed and swiped his hand to knock his blaring alarm clock off the bedside table. The abrupt manner in which the sound died did little to sate the simmering tension in his shoulders.

His muscles were tightly strung, pulse throbbing in his neck as he stormed out of his bedroom and towards the toilet.

Rushing through his morning routine was his attempt of returning to normalcy, a way to ignore the burning in the pit of his stomach and the howling that demanded he find his omega and drag her back to where she belonged.

He could still smell her in his house, feel the lingering effect of her presence, and the animal inside him was mad.

He was mad that he'd woken up to emptiness, fingers grasping for a warm body that wasn't there. He was mad that she was under his skin.

He was growling before he knew it, toothbrush snapping in his hand as he yielded to rage. The bathroom counter was the next thing to splinter.

He could already tell it wasn't going to be a good day.

---

The office was shrouded in a red fog. The constant clicking of buttons on computer keyboards, the steady ticking of the clock, and the sound of heavy breathing only served to fuel Jack's frustration.

He could smell Summer outside and it was driving him crazy. There was no way he could concentrate on something as inconsequential as numbers and finances when the majority of his focus was on her.

Having her in his home yesterday had been a mistake.

Despite his every effort to stay distant, his body had claimed her for his own and it seemed like there was nothing he could do about it. He could only hold on to hope that more distance from her would fix the problem.

He needed her to leave the office, to go to the cinema or the beach like a normal teenager instead of hanging around places where she had no business.

He needed her away from him.

Guilt hit him as his mind flashed to Ally, the dark haired omega that he'd taken out on a date. Although the date had only happened the previous day, it felt like it had occurred a lifetime ago.