Ten

Friday evening rolled around and before Jack knew it, his work day was over and he was waiting for Ally to arrive at his house.

Over the past few days, he'd grown slightly more anxious about bringing Ally to meet his parents. It didn't quite settle right with him, only because the alpha side of him would rather be bringing another omega instead.

Since Jack knew that was never going to happen, he focused in on his rational side, the side that knew he liked Ally and that could see a future together with her.

He knew he was going to have to make it official between them soon. 

Probably after the dinner.

There was a knock at the door and Jack went to open it, smiling at the dark haired omega who looked up at him and said, "hey." She leaned forward, eyelids dropping, and Jack met her half-way, pressing his lips to hers for a short moment.

When he pulled back, noting that she was still in her work clothes, he invited her inside.

"Bathroom?" She asked, slipping off her shoes before digging around in her bag for something.

"First door to the left, upstairs."

She gave him a grateful smile and started making her way up the stairs. "Thanks, Jack. I won't be a minute."

Closer to half an hour later, just when Jack started to get antsy, she was finally coming downstairs. She had changed out of her work clothes and was now in a pair of jeans and black t-shirt, makeup and hair touched up.

"You look nice." Jack gave her an appreciative once over, glad that she hadn't overdressed.

Beaming at him, she waltsed over and got up on her tip-toes to wrap her arms around his neck. "Well thanks, love." 

Leaning closer, she pressed her lips to his again.

Jack welcomed the affection, allowing it to soothe the ever-present loneliness that he'd become somewhat used to.

"Come on." He finally said, pulling away. "Let's go."

Ally patted his cheek before spinning around to find her shoes.

--- 

"Just a warning," Jack told her as they pulled up to his parents' house. "My sister and her family are probably here too."

Ally nodded, scent spiking slightly with nerves. "Thanks for the warning even if it is a bit late."

Trying to get rid of any budding fear, Jack grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "You have nothing to worry about. They'll love you."

"Thanks, Jack." She said, relaxing a little. "I hope they do."

Before she could do anything else, like lean over for another kiss, Jack gave her hand a final squeeze and jumped out of the car. He managed to make it around to her side to open the door for her and then led the two of them up to the front door.

All the while, his mind was whirring with a thousand thoughts a minute. He could hardly believe that he was actually taking an omega to meet his parents. 

He cringed, wondering what his father would say when he saw her. If his sister would be her usual embarrassing self.

He was almost shocked when the front door opened, flinching as his niece yipped in joy at seeing him and dove into his arms.

"Uncle Jack!"

"Woah." He said, bending down to return her excited hug. "Hi, Maddy."

He could hear shouting from inside, the sound of her mother coming in their direction. Actually, he could hear multiple pairs of feet coming in their direction and turned to look apologetically at Ally.