(2)The Black Raven

Start from the beginning

"So you do want to have a baby?" He asked with new fire, his eyes bright.

I paused and he saw it in my eyes- doubt. Thanatos interrupted me before I could potentially lie to him; "Aurora, you're going to need to be honest with me here; you're confusing my erection."

I sighed and placed a hand over my tired eyes; "Fine, but for that to work you need to get off me for the time being."

Thanatos complied and scooted off, his eyes focused solely on mine. He was eager to get to the bottom of this; feeling like all of his excitement was for nought. It wasn't. I did want children, but good gods- not tonight!

"Well?" He asked and tilted his head to the side, pressing me to talk.

"Look, I didn't want to discuss it with Apollo, obviously not, but you know how he is." I sat up straight and took one of Thanatos' hands in my lap; "I only told him that I was- am confused and that I maybe want to give his whole children thing a chance now, but he clearly didn't understand what I had meant."

"Or he did and thought it would be funny to tell me you were going to ask me for children tonight."

"He said that?" I asked with an incredulous voice, my eyes wide.

Thanatos nodded with slanted eyes. He looked beyond pissed off. I shook my head and sighed loudly; "I am so sorry, darling! I-"

"It's not your fault, Rora." Thanatos squeezed my hand and smiled lovingly; "I shouldn't have listened to him in the first place. I know how he likes to exaggerate stories and he probably did this to put us in this exact situation. I'm easy to play when it comes to you..."

I smiled at him, his handsome face so inviting. I leaned over and kissed him; his lips tasted too good to ever refuse. Thanatos responded with passion and grabbed me closer, pushing me into his chest. I gladly let him cocoon me and shelter me from the world.

"You were so excited." I said softly and pressed my face into his chest.

Knowing he didn't want to hurt my feelings, he patted my head and stroked his hand down to my back, whispering; "But if you're not ready, then I can wait."

I let his words simmer.

But... but I was ready. I think. I guess Apollo and Sonya were right- no mother is ever really ready. Seeing Thanatos so happy and knowing I could be just as happy, well... Maybe it's a risk to take?

Perhaps it's time I let myself go a bit and do the things I didn't think I could?

Maybe it's time to live again?

"Thanatos..."

Thanatos kissed my head with warm lips; "Hmm...?"

I steadied myself.

"I want a baby."

His shoulders stiffened and his breathing stopped. When he spoke, his voice was raw; "Aurora, there is no pressu-"

"I want a baby, Thanatos. I want a family with you." I straightened up and looked him dead in the eye. I knew now that I was scared and I was letting that fear control my happiness at something that could be. This was the next chapter in my life and I was ready for it. No more skipping the pages; time to live it.

Thanatos searched my eyes for any doubt or lies, but there were none to find. Yes, there were reservations, but everyone has those when it comes to big decisions. When he found no dishonesty, two pairs of strong arms reached up and pushed me back onto the bed.

I yelped as Thanatos climbed back onto me and attacked my mouth; "Oh, angel!"

I pushed him back a bit, but it barely did anything, so I tried to speak through his assault; "Not tonight!"