Wooflan/Vikklan- Learn to Fly Parts 1 & 2

Start from the beginning

"No. Just- just leave me alone."

He placed his hand on me again. His fingers pressed into the small of my back and I almost pulled away but I stopped myself, turning my head away from his and curling my shoulders forward. I was normally the more confident of the two of us but Vikk noticed the way I was standing with my eyes to the ground and stood up taller, almost compensating for the lack of the usual confidence I normally held.

The way I was standing meant that I couldn't see Vikk at all, with my shoulders down and head turned to the side, so that meant that when he reached his other hand out to grab my wrist, I didn't know until too late.

I hissed in pain and pulled away from his grasp, the flashes of pain making me stumble. After all I hadn't eaten in two days and hadn't drunken any water in almost that long as well, my water bottle that had been sitting on my bedside table long empty.

Vikk reached out his arms to steady me, one landing on my upper arm and the other on my waist, my eyes blinking rapidly as black spots filled in my vision. I stumbled again, taking a few quick steps backwards and barely making it to the bed before I collapsed completely, the blank still wiggling its way around in front of my eyes.

Vikk didn't say anything, just sat down on the bed beside and waited as I kept blinking, trying to focus. His hand stayed well away from my wrists.

A few minutes later, when I had stopped blinking rapidly and was just lying on the bed with my eyes closed, one arm resting on my forehead, Vikk spoke up.

"Lachlan? Please, I'm really worried about you, this isn't good. What happened?" I didn't move, keeping my hand over my eyes so I couldn't see him.

"Rob cheated on me. It's been going on for a while." I heard Vikk's sharp intake of breath and his hand moved to rest on my shoulder, squeezing it gently.

"Oh God Lachlan, it was your 4 year less than a month ago wasn't it?" I nodded, feeling the dampness welling up in my eyes.

I didn't want to talk about it and he knew it, so he simply moved himself so he was sitting next to me, one hand on my shoulder and the other running through my hair. Now that I had told him I felt a little bit better, but not by much.

"Is that why you were hiding? Because you found out?" I nodded.

"Rob's friend called and told me, he came across Rob and a girl together and couldn't keep it a secret." Vikk ran his fingers through my hair again, massaging my scalp.

"I'm glad he told you, it would have just ended in even more heartbreak later on." He paused. "I know you're upset but I need you to try, even if it's just for today."

I took it in but nodded. I knew that I had to get up, try and get over it. I knew it wouldn't happen overnight, it would take time and even then I would never forget it but I had to try. I wanted to try. I wanted to get up from where I had fallen onto my knees and get back onto my feet.

"I'll try." I saw his smile, genuine and true.

And with that I pulled myself to a sitting position and slid my feet onto the ground, pulling myself to a stand.

"I'm ready."

Part 2

Lachlan's P.O.V.

Vikk clung to my hand as he helped me down the stairs, standing a step below me and helping me gingerly as I sometimes swayed when the dizziness returned and black spots swum before my eyes. He stopped every time it happened, looking at me nervously in case the dizziness got too much.

"Keep going, we're almost there." I stumbled into the kitchen and Vikk sat me down in one of the stools at the breakfast bar. He turned to find some food and something to drink, all the time chatting to me about what he had been doing the day before to distract me from falling back into my thoughts.